Counter-invasion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sealskin98

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Any N.E. Swampers up for going to Broken Bow on 7-9 before the Sooners get to CSSP?

Thomas, Frank, I know you're out there. Maybe we can ask the new dive shop owner about any huge catfish in the lake. :D

sealskin98:
Any N.E. Swampers up for going to Broken Bow on 7-9 before the Sooners get to CSSP?

Thomas, Frank, I know you're out there. Maybe we can ask the new dive shop owner about any huge catfish in the lake. :D

Hey Mike I would love to, but that week is already full for me.....if you plan another date later on let me know....I have not dove Broken Bow yet.....I would even be game for Lake DeGray Ark. (5 hours from DFW). Alan

Unfortunately, I have a class to teach Saturday, and I'm on duty Sunday. We're going out of town the next weekend, so unless I get to go Friday, I'm out of the water until the end of the month....and I'm hating it...lol. Ya'll have fun, I'm sure Frank is up for it, and probably knows some great places to dive...

Hey Mike ! :crafty: Yea I'm up for it !! Laura and I were up there on Saturday 2nd. There were lots of people out on the lake in boats. We did 2 shore dives from Steven Gap. The conditions were: Surface temp = 80's with a hard thermocline at 21 feet.
Vis. was not great with all the boat traffic and swimmers and the direction of the wind ect.(3-10 ft) above the theromocline. Below the thermocline the condtions were 73F temp and 12 to 20 feet of Vis. sorta dark but clear and mystical. When and if you got cold you could just float up a few feet and get warm again. You've been there before. The 73F was great for me and I enjoyed the views down below the thermocline layer. It does seem cold to some folks after the warm water above though. Lets say you have a choice ! The Islands and the cliffs are better and offer good conditions and bigger fish habitat. I could bring the Sea-Doo :wink: Yea.... that would be a great idea. Friday ??? Sat or Sun are cool too. Give us a call !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom