Count Down to Wreckmania!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee:
Thanks, looking forward to it.
I talked to the resort yesterday. The T shirts and all the boxes we sent have arrived at Wreck Central!
To the surprise guests that are coming to Wreckmania:
Please email me now and let me know what your final plans are.
Thanks... I might even start to pack tomorrow.

Natasha708@aol.com

Congrats Pete on your new status, instructor extrodinaire!!!

I hope you are only kidding about the gators. Pam absolutely will tell me where to stick her power inflator hose if she even sees one of them!

Hehehe but do tell her about the bells, and then ring one now and then :)

Hi All!

Lyd and I were discussing exposure suits last night, and if we would need to rent something in addition to the 3mm full suits we currently own. Low and behold, she found this delightful web site which, among other interesting info, provides water temps all over Florida:

http://www.tropicsweather.com

Looks like we can expect temps in the low 80's. Does that sound reasonable to you Florida locals?

Walter - if we choose to do a shore dive, can we rent a Dive Float/Flag from the LDS, or should we pack our own?

Happy Diving,

Scuba-sass :)

It all depends on how easily you get cold. I'll make 4 dives this time of year just wearing a swim suit. I saw 84 degrees on Friday.

I'll have a flag with me and I think Pete will bring a flag. I know we can borrow a flag from MB. We might be covered. I hope anyone driving will bring a flag.

Walt I have a 3 mil shorty that I am going to bring but am wondering about whether I need something with full body coverage??

Any advice on this would be appreciated :)

Thanks sass for bringing this up

Charlie

For what it's worth, I always dive with at least a skin for jellyfish and sunburn protection. Also, as we are doing some penetration of the wrecks, something on your legs and arms seems like a good idea to me.. Which reminds me, Walter, how about gloves? I intend to bring a pair.

Herman

...packed and ready to go!

For the Temp Update, Walter!

We'll probably do most of the dives with just skins, but Lyd gets cold sometimes, so we'll bring the suits "Just In Case". I deffinately agree that skins supply much needed protection from sun, critters and scrapes. I certainly can't claim perfect boyancy, so I know I'll bump into those wrecks now & then!

All through the winter I have this habit of carrying my coat along with me in the back seat of my car, but never actually putting it on. Lyd teases that the extra insulation this provides from it's distance from my skin must keep me really warm. Think this applies to wet suits left in the suitcase?

Happy Diving,

Scuba-sass :)

Charlie,

I'll be diving in a swim suit. You can bring a wet suit or not or a lycra (I hate calling it that, but since I'm in teaching mode, I'll be good) suit or not depending on your comfort level. It too warm for me to wear a wet suit (but some get cold easier than me) and I've never owned or worn a lycra suit.

Herman,

I always wear gloves on wreck dives.

Only 4 days....................

BTW, who's Walt?

I've actually started preliminary packing - which is a first for me since I always start packing 2 hours before my plane takes off (Mom - aren't you proud? I may even get to the right airport :wink: )

As self-professed water wimp, I will be packing (and diving!) in my 3 mil full suit, hood, gloves, and booties. If I had a dive/lycra skin, I'd probably wear that too. (Hm... :idea: ) Back in May, while diving in the Bahamas, I remember thinking that I felt colder than my previous dives - boy was I surprised that the temp had actually gone up 3 degrees to 81 F.

Maybe (just maybe) I will try one shore dive in my bathing suit just to be daring.

Sass: Don't forget to bring your photos of Tahiti!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom