Could this be used as a LP pony?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

long answer is sort of, but realistically no. You can't get a scuba valve for them because the threads are different and the medical valves are not rated for underwater use and most fill stations won't have adapters anyway. On top of that, it's too small for a functional pony anyway. Think about it.

At 100ft, with a good SAC rate you are breathing 2cfm, you have 3 minutes on that thing at depth to get out of there and you're dry. Best suggestion is to look at the rock bottom calculators to figure out how much you need. Based on Rock Bottom, you need 20cf/8mins for a single diver to get up from the bottom normally, since you need to assume a SAC of 1cfm for an "exciting" event, that's 20cf. AL30 would be the smallest bottle I'd take as a pony if I was going to 100ft.

Reactions: Jax
Whoops. Should have thought to check thread size. Both are 3/4 but scuba is 14tpi and the O2 is 16tpi. My bad. As far as the CF I need - I'm a much better judge of that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom