Could stand to make a dive on Sunday...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tractor Tom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello Conch Divers...

Well, things at the new tractor dealership here in Okeechobee are clicking along. The building is looking pretty good and our partner says we FINALLY have a license to do business (tho' we have been open about two weeks now).

With all this work (seven days a week most weeks) I have had NO TIME to dive, find a new dive buddy, or explore any of the coast. Seeing there is no diveshop or diving in Lake Okeechobee, I feel I'll need to make a trip to the coast.

So, anyone up for a dive on Sunday? The tractor store is open half a day on Saturday and we have plans on Monday, but I have found all my dive gear and have a tank with air in it (will need to fill the others soon) and could stand to get in the water a while on Sunday. Could use a recommendation of a good dive shop in Ft. Pierce or Stuart that is open on Saturday afternoons too. Need to air up my tanks and get my regs in for an annual check soon.

Many thanks!!!

I understand that this is a holiday weekend, and that I'm the NEW GUY in town. I also know that I'm trying to start a new business and work about 5 1/2 days a week, 10-12 hours a day so it's really hard for me to meet other peoples schedules and still get in a dive from time to time. I can accept that.

But after all of this "welcome to the conch divers Tom" messages that I received when I sent a message that I was moving down, I expected at least ONE response that would say "some other time, Tom".

So, thanks very much for ignoring me, I'll go back to the tractor store and work some more, you folks all have a nice holiday weekend.

Its a busy weekend, not as much traffic on the forums as normal since everyone is scrambling with family getting ready for whatever plans they have...

Touchy aren't ya? Chill.

Shoot me a line if you want to come up to the panhandle and dive :p

Tractor Tom:
So, thanks very much for ignoring me, I'll go back to the tractor store and work some more, you folks all have a nice holiday weekend.

sounds like you'll be a lot of fun to dive with! :eyebrow:

seriously, if you come up Jacksonville way, let me know. would love to dive with ya

Well, seeing as I just drove over 12 hours to get to South FL I have a good excuse! Had to bring the kids to my parents so I can dive... "May" be able to do a beach dive in Delray Beach on Sunday if the kids can snorkel while we are down... Let me know if you are interested.

Dude!
Sorry, I didn't see your post until now. I'm working all weekend during the day, but I'm trying to squeeze a night dive in, probably Sunday evening in Ft. Lauderdale. It's a bit south of Ft. Pierce, but hey man... it's water.

Geez! We aint ignoring ya, just busy! Just saw this thread (didn't see it during lunch when I could of responded earlier!)
Diving tomorrow in LBTS. Know its a hike for ya, but hey the vis is awesome and the water temps are finally warming up! C'mon down! I am sure there is diving all weekend at LBTS.

Scuba_Jenny:
Geez! We aint ignoring ya, just busy! Just saw this thread (didn't see it during lunch when I could of responded earlier!)
Diving tomorrow in LBTS. Know its a hike for ya, but hey the vis is awesome and the water temps are finally warming up! C'mon down! I am sure there is diving all weekend at LBTS.

Hey Jenny...

Not from around here...what's LBTS?????

Tom

Tom--
I think we're all happy to have you with us. However, since you referred to (Ft. Pierce/Stuart, neither of which I've ever stepped a toe in) the assumptions may have been that's where you're looking to go.....I thought so.
Please come join us on any dives when they're posted....we love picking on the new guy!
LBTS=Lauderdale By the Sea. Shore diving.

I'm diving Blue Spring in Orange City Sunday, but that is probably further than you'd like to drive. I suggest you call Deep 6 dive shop in Vero Beach 561-692-2747 or Scuba Works in Jupiter 1-800-908-DIVE for boat charters and tank fill. A single diver usually can get on a boat and buddie up with someone. If you want to dive with me on Sunday it is about 2 hours from where you are. Much better diving is two hours south from where you are. Hope this helps.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom