Could all the California Instructors ..please stand up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I would like to know if you are on the board, and an instructor in the Southern California area.
Thank you!

:sunny:

Used to teach in Northern Ca, now living in Las Vegas.

Are you looking for an instructor who is on the board, or just an instructor?

Natasha,
I'm an instructor in Ventura, about an hour north of LA, and a half hour south of Santa Barbara.
Neil

Hi Neil:
Have you dove the Wrecks In San Diego?

Natasha,
No, haven't done any diving in San Diego yet, but it's definitely on the list for this spring or summer. I have no excuse, I've lived in CA for almost 8 yrs now and SD is only about 3 1/2 hours from here.
Neil

Not an instructor but, IMHO the only wrecks worth doing in SD are the Yukon and the Ruby E.

From what i saw of the USS hogan i would say its just a few chunks of steel sticking out of the sand, not much left of it at all.
its also deep, 130'

The ruby E is in about 85' and is very diver friendly including the option to do some penatration.

I have not dove the yukon but i hear its our best wreck dive. And at 100' its not overly deep.

The ruby E &yukon are short boat rides and the hogan is alot longer. And in my opinion not worth it.

Andy

Andy:
What about the tower bridge?
I'm asking because I'm considering doing Wreckmania III in San Diego next year.
Thanks!

NOSC tower or Missle tower ? I assume its the NOSC tower which i have not dove.

NOSC is at 60' and could be a good spot, i just dont know.

The Missle tower is in 140-165' im guessing too deep for WM3.

Check out divebums web site they list a few other wrecks, including a Sub but im not familar with it. Also try California wreck divers. Divebums site covers all bases though.

Good luck

Andy

An instructor at the LDS told me the Nosc Tower was a pass. He said to stick to the Ruby E and Yukon. The Yukon being our best wreck option in SD.

Thanks Andy. Yes, I mean the NOSC tower.
Hmm the more research I do though, makes me think there are not enough wrecks in San Diego to do WMIII there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom