Trip Report Costa Rica Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice report. We stayed in Flamingo and used same DS....certainly will return. And yes, we did numerous non diving activities too. The country is endless with cool places to visit!

Thank you for the report. We are traveling to CR this summer, and this is my first stop to check out the diving. Most of my diving is in Cozumel. So, the visibility is not what I am used to - but it sounds great otherwise!

Thank you for the report. We are traveling to CR this summer, and this is my first stop to check out the diving. Most of my diving is in Cozumel. So, the visibility is not what I am used to - but it sounds great otherwise!
Yes it's not the Caribbean, but the vis is usually decent plus the variety and amount of marinelife more than makes up for the lower vis.

Outdoor adventure activities abound. Besides the pool, swimming in the ocean or just sunning, there is atv riding, jetskis, horseback riding, biking, zip lining, white water rafting, hiking, Walmart, sailing, snorkeling, some golf, tennis, food. We opted to stay around the motel and not drive all over creation trying to see everything (a first for me). A very enjoyable trip.

I don't need to go to Costa Rica for an adventurous Walmart, there is one right down the street.

I don't need to go to Costa Rica for an adventurous Walmart, there is one right down the street.
That Walmart is no where near as adventurous as a US Walmart. It's actually quite nice and new. (The shopping buggies are still shiny). It's quick, easy cheap place for supplies in Liberia before leaving for the coastal areas.

Currently in Jaco, which is a surfing locale. Herradura is a couple of miles, north, away and has a well reviewed dive op, Herradura Divers. Have communicated with Chris, the owner, through email and he has been good about responding. Didn’t bring gear on this trip and plan to rent if we go out. Communicated with a fellow diver from my home state who dove with HD a few weeks back and have read the latest trip advisor review - visibility ranged from 10-25’ in their reports, both having gone to Tortuga Island sites. It is dry season here so I had hoped viz would have been better. If I can convince my buddy to go, I may try to get at least 1 day in just so I can say I dove in CR.

Last week we stayed in San Jose and enjoyed a variety of tours Monday thru Friday. We had, without a doubt, the best guide, for anything, we’ve ever had as he was truly an expert on everything and enjoyed telling us about everything CR (that’s something from me as I never say anything is the best.) On every hike in the forest he was like a good dive guide pointing out the things that most people would never notice. Sol Tropical is the name of the company.

Hope to write a dive report when I get home, but if I don’t dive, I’ll write a quick trip report in general travel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom