Costa Rica - Jan/Feb 2010 - suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I probably waved to you @ one of the dive sites. I dove 5/31 & 6/01 with Rich Coast & 6/02 with Diving Safaris & saw the the Deep Blue boat a couple times.

Your report of the sites is right on the money. We dove Tortuga twice, the first time the vis was pretty good, saw seven White Tips laying on the sand by the wreak. The next day the vis was crap, maybe 10' to 20'.

I wanted to dive the Bat Islands but the first part of the week no one was going out because of rough seas & the last part of the week I couldn't find a shop that had enough divers that wanted to make the trip.

I probably waved to you @ one of the dive sites. I dove 5/31 & 6/01 with Rich Coast & 6/02 with Diving Safaris & saw the the Deep Blue boat a couple times.

Your report of the sites is right on the money. We dove Tortuga twice, the first time the vis was pretty good, saw seven White Tips laying on the sand by the wreak. The next day the vis was crap, maybe 10' to 20'.

I wanted to dive the Bat Islands but the first part of the week no one was going out because of rough seas & the last part of the week I couldn't find a shop that had enough divers that wanted to make the trip.

Ha! What a small world! Yes, our first day at Tortuga on 5.30.2010, we had bad vis (well, we were used to it given that we also dive in local quarries and Lake Michigan), and a few days later, it was much better. I guess it just varies day to day. I thought it had to do with distance from shore, but according to Deep Blue, that is not entirely the case. That is too bad about not making it out to Bat Island. I wonder if your timing varied, because I know we went out on 06.01.2010... there was another possibility on 06.03.2010, but the ride out was quite rough and my back and neck were still recovering.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom