Costa Rica Carribean side diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zebramussel

Reaction score
Will be in Costa Rica the Feb. Wondering if anyone has done any diving on the Carribean side?. Any recommendations on who to dive with and where to dive would be greatly appreciated. What is the quality of the diving like? What other popular dive destinations would you compare it to? Is it even worth it or should I just spend my time on the Pacific side? Id like to do both. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide me with.

Hey Zebra, I have made a ton of diving in Quepos/Manuel Antonio. This summer alone I racked up a ton of dives doing a divemaster internship with Oceans Unlimited. If you are diving in the Quepos/Manuel Antonio area, THAT IS WHO YOU USE! Trust me. I have gotten all of my certifications form Open Water to Divemaster with Oceans Unlimited and I am considering an IDC In December if I dont get into law school in jan. They are VERY knowledgeable, safety concerned, and their equipment is very well maintained from the equipment you are diving with to the equipment you are diving from. They are also the only shop that fills their own air.

All this wrapped up with an easy going group that will make you feel completely at home!

Have you dove the carribean side? That was my main question.

Are you set on the Caribbean side for a specific reason? The diving on the Pacific side is far superior.

For Costa Rica, I would definately dive the pacific side. THe carribbean side has variable visibility and not many reefs. With the pacific side at least you get the big fish, sharks, rays etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom