Costa Rica April Info Wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrewingDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My diving wife and I are interested in Costa Rica in April, or possibly May. I would like to hear opinions on Guanacaste vs. Osa Peninsula diving for that time of year, and welcome recommendations for dive operators, lodging, and topside activities. We can be considered advanced divers in cases where it is relevant. I have done some research on this board and other places prior to this request, but still seek more information/opinions. Thanks in advance.

Moderator - can you move this up one level to > Central America (not under Trips and Local Marketplace)? I inadvertantly posted it here.

i´m a dive guide in the osa peninsula, in drake bay area, we dive caño island. I can help you with info on both north and south pacific.

Diving in May is great in the Coco area, it is the transition month between the Catalina islands and the bat islands. Which means you might have the chance to do both islands and encounter the giant manta and the bull sharks, this however, all depends on the winds.
The water temperature is nice and there are big schools of fish around. The Coco area is great to do afternoon tours as well. we are close to 4 national parks and many water falls. For your non diving day there is a great adventure in Rincon, incl canopy tour, water tubing, horse back riding, waterfalls and mud baths and all this for only $80 incl lunch.
Let me know if you need more info or any help in finding what you are looking for

Happy diving.
Brenda

Back
Top Bottom