Cost of travel insurance to Banda Sea liveaboard.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marty Bess

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have DAN "dive insurance" but the "trip insurance" is expensive through DAN, it's $1,600. Does anyone have suggestions for "trip insurance" for an expensive liveaboard trip?

I have DAN "dive insurance" but the "trip insurance" is expensive through DAN, it's $1,600. Does anyone have suggestions for "trip insurance" for an expensive liveaboard trip?
House hold insurance usually cover trip. But I always have DAN + extra travel insurance issue by other broker. Read the small print and compare the terms with different brokers.
For travel insurance I pick the best for compensation.

It really depends what type of coverage you want. What do you want the insurance to cover?
We are going to Raga Ampat so it's a bit scary for us the go that remote. To cover Covid issues, trip cost, emergency transport and medical, Probably missing something. Thanks

We are going to Raga Ampat so it's a bit scary for us the go that remote. To cover Covid issues, trip cost, emergency transport and medical, Probably missing something.

I think Trawick International combined with DAN Dive Accident Insurance (a separate cost from membership) should meet your needs. Trawick covers Covid like any other illness if you have to quarantine and DAN would cover any dive accidents. Neither would cover if you choose to cancel the trip and not go because of the pandemic. For that you would need "cancel for any reason" insurance which will be very expensive.

DAN recently did start offering coverage for Covid quarantine but the amount per day is pretty low ($200 I think). Trawick I think offers up to $500 a day.

PS. It looks like a plan with Trawick for a 3 week trip to Indonesia is around $50-100.

Back
Top Bottom