Cost of GUE classes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

detroit diver:
That would have been something ,eh??!!!!
Re-Read what Jim Said....

Paraphrased "DIR-F card gets you nothing"

You said "Not True...I got Trimix"

I was trying to point out that you misread what he typed, and gave you a chance to clarify your statement.... (That your RecTriox got you the trimix)

ok, thanks for the info. So are you guys saying that is might be best to go through an agency like SSI or TDI and them supplement my learning through GUE? I would hate to go through all the training and not be able to get Trimix fills up here and go the dives that I want to do. I am not saying the training wouldnt be worth it though. If this were the case, would you take the SSI classes before or after the GUE classes? Thanks for all the replies!

gerardnealon:
ok, thanks for the info. So are you guys saying that is might be best to go through an agency like SSI or TDI and them supplement my learning through GUE? I would hate to go through all the training and not be able to get Trimix fills up here and go the dives that I want to do. I am not saying the training wouldnt be worth it though. If this were the case, would you take the SSI classes before or after the GUE classes? Thanks for all the replies!
DIR-F Certification allows you to continue with GUE Education

GUE Tech 1 and beyond will get you trimix and nitrox fills

We are not saying who would be the best to go through....just that if you go through GUE...you have to start with the DIR-F...but DIR-F doesn't get you anything except allowing you to continue with GUE.

JeffG:
DIR-F Certification allows you to continue with GUE Education

GUE Tech 1 and beyond will get you trimix and nitrox fills

We are not saying who would be the best to go through....just that if you go through GUE...you have to start with the DIR-F...but DIR-F doesn't get you anything except allowing you to continue with GUE.

ok i understand DIRF is just a starting class you need for everything else. So tech1 and beyond will get my trimix even up here in NY? Basically I just dont want my LDS to be like, "we cant give you trimix with that card" or "we dont recognized GUE" something like that.

gerardnealon:
ok i understand DIRF is just a starting class you need for everything else. So tech1 and beyond will get my trimix even up here in NY? Basically I just dont want my LDS to be like, "we cant give you trimix with that card" or "we dont recognized GUE" something like that.
If they sell trimix and don't recognise GUE...there is something wrong with them (Note: This doesn't mean they will like them...but thats another subject for another thread.)

You're absolutely right. I just read that wrong!

JeffG:
Re-Read what Jim Said....

Paraphrased "DIR-F card gets you nothing"

You said "Not True...I got Trimix"

I was trying to point out that you misread what he typed, and gave you a chance to clarify your statement.... (That your RecTriox got you the trimix)

gerardnealon:

There's a lot of animosity on the East coast towards GUE, so I'd contact any LDS that you're thinking of getting fills from and ask them.

If you are a GUE tech 1 you won't need someone else to give you a trimix fill. You just go get your tank topped with EAN32. :D

Uncle Pug:
If you are a GUE tech 1 you won't need someone else to give you a trimix fill. You just go get your tank topped with EAN32. :D

So you fill the helium yourself? I know people in remote islands that get helium tanks from the hospitals.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom