Cost of gear summary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yesterday I made rough calculations how much I spent on gear..... it is around EUR 6000. However, this should be divided into 2 as this for my and my wife's gear. I bought everything new, got top of the line regulators (Scubapro MK25 Evo/A700), BCDs (Scubapro Hydros Pro), fins, wetsuits, very good torches (2300 lumen), saved a bit by buying cheap diving computers (Cressi Newton).

I paid for my gear and it is still in transit. After 2 weeks me and my wife will go to our first liveaboard in Egypt, where we will use that gear

To me buying a good primary torch makes sense only if you dive in caves or you make frequent night dives. Otherwise it’s cheaper to rent it

Fratello! Looking at yours I notice that the primary torch is the most expensive single piece of gear. Do you dive caves?

Nope, no caves. In a cave even a candle makes enough light, where on the open water it's nice to have power. She bought it because it makes a ton of light, both with a medium beam and a wide beam for the gopro she sticks on the head and has enough power to eventually feed an heated vest for a couple hours.

I'm Mastrotta.

There's an awesome song to share... but you should speak Italian to fully enjoy it =D keeper of inox steel

Last edited:
The fleebay version is 2 batteries, 3 LEDs: it's noticeably brighter than the one-LED variant, and the runtime is about as good on the same batteries. (And I do have the yellow one too, though a slightly older model.)

I've been watching this thread for a couple of days trying to decide if I'd play...
Okay, I'll play... I'm guessing at retail prices. I should be close.

LP85 Doubles $750
LP104 Doubles $850
14 AL80's $165ea $2310 Total
Helium in 8 of the above tanks $500
Stage kits for AL80's $35ea $490
6 CCR Tanks $1000
LP50's $500
AL40's $300
AL6 $100
AL13 $100
Optima CCR $9000
Liberty CCR $9000
Genesis 600 $7000
Genesis 1200 $8000
17 1st Stage and 2nd Stage Regulators $6800
Mask $65
Fins $150
Undergarments $600
Undergarments $300
Undergarments $200
Drysuit $4100
Lightmonkey Light $1850
Underwater Light Dude Light $1850
Big Blue Light $450
Back Up Lights $300
Analyzer $800
Reels and Spools $1500
Booties $50
Wetsuit $350
Back Plate and Wing $500
Nomad LT $450
Nomat XT $750
I'm sure that's not everything, but it's a good start.

Grand Total: $59,215
Don't tell my wife. I wouldn't let her buy starbucks for breakfast this morning. (I'm kidding)

Perhaps I am missing something. I just bought a spool I paid it less than 15 eur let’s say 15 USD. Unless I buy 100 spools I can’t spend 1.500 usd in spools only...

Perhaps I am missing something. I just bought a spool I paid it less than 15 eur let’s say 15 USD. Unless I buy 100 spools I can’t spend 1.500 usd in spools only...

Once you start cave diving, and decompression diving, you start to acquire many multiples of things.

Back
Top Bottom