Cost of gear summary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

id guess somewhere around 15K
perdix,transmitter, compressor, 4 steel tanks, pony full gear setup, drysuit, courses. jesus i need to stop

This being a relatively new hobby, I'm only up to about $24K (left another $500 at the LDS this weekend). Compared to some of the other hobbies, this one is cheap!

One should never total up this sort of thing. One's spouse might see it and start shopping for shoes/dresses. Cars and scuba gear are two things one should never disclose price.

I have another hobby that one should never disclose price: Amateur Radio. I recently itemized almost everything I have and the price it would bring if someone liquidated it upon my death (I've made provisions in my will for this to happen). It's over 25K at the flea market. The local club gets a percentage and my widow gets the rest. I guess I need to do the same with SCUBA gear although it won't be near a much...Maybe 10K and I'm about to spend another 1K in the next month.

Cheers -

After I read this thread I want to change hobby. I am considering origami paper folding

Last edited:
Reactions: Gi0
Why would you make a spreadsheet like this? You should never chronicle your expenses for hobbies. Your much better off letting the memory fade into oblivion.

If I listed the expenses for
Scuba
Snowskiing
Woodworking
Boating

Never mind, I need to stop....
Lol, yeah if my wife knew what I spent look out...wait she knows she dives too and so do two of my kids and one more is ready for OW....Good to have a list of your gear though and when its been serviced.

4 snorkels. The obsession is troubling.

For me the obsession is regulators, i think snorkels cost less. ;-)

At one point i had more total regulators (n1st+n2nd) than number of dives in my logbook.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom