Cost of gear summary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is surprising about this list is that I wisely saved money on some items (example: computer) only to waste it in useless gadgets like carabiners snorkels or bungees which could be easily found used or replaced by do it yourself alternatives or even not be bought at all

Forget snorkels and carabiners get better regs and where’s your lead for weight belt?
The regs are not known abroad but they have a high reputation in Italy. Scubatec is a manufacturer that works for the big companies and sells its own products almost at factory cost in Italy. Their regs are fantastic I am very happy of the purchase. This type is equivalent to Apeks XTX 100 more or less. They are not common abroad, where it might be difficult to find spare parts and service. On the other hand they cost much less than Apeks, and the same applies to spare parts and checks. Highly recommended for those of you who might want to give a try, at least people who live in Europe where Italy is not far and getting spare parts and service would not be that difficult
I didn't buy lead weights yet because generally I just borrow them from the diving center
Will buy second hand

Last edited:
As a beginner, I would say that the best purchase I made until now is the Suunto Vyper computer. Regs are much more important, but you can rent them. The computer is more personal, in my opinion it is really something you have to buy on your own

Forget the Eezycut trust me I have one. This one is so good I’m actually going to post a thread on it = Rooster Safety Knife - Knives & Multitools - Maintenance & Boat Care - Chandlery
I am curious about this knife, I will read your thread if you post it. Its shape is strange and it could be useful to bring it in places where traditional knives are not allowed. I don't think you can stab someone with this...

Last edited:
God god man, if a summary of my costs was ever discovered by my wife.....

My regular dive buddy was asked by a mutual friend (vacation diver) why I’ve spent so much money on diving (including own tanks). His answer? Because I’m single and can spend as much as I like. :D Both those guys are married.

What is surprising about this list is that I wisely saved money on some items (example: computer) only to waste it in useless gadgets like carabiners snorkels or bungees
Carabiners aren't useless. Mostly used with BP/W, though.
You got off pretty cheap; I've ended up spending more than your total on my primary reg, on my primary computer, and on my rig.

Most of it makes sense, but... you bought four dorkels. Need redundancy for some technical snorkling?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom