Corsair Wreck Report (Kaimana Divers) 6-20-08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NudiHuntrs

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We had a great couple of dives today with Gabe.

Water temp was 76F first dive and 74F for the second dive.

First we hit the Corsair...The viz was great, you could see the plane from the surface =100ft Viz!!!

We saw the normal creatures that live on the plane plus this crazy thing:

Corsair%20Wreck%20035.jpg

Corsair%20Wreck%20015.jpg

Corsair%20Wreck%20021.jpg

Next we hit China wall for a drift dive, viz not so great... about 30-50 feet, kinda soupy at the surface, lots of chop.

We found a Harlequin Shrimp, a few nudis and a turtle with wicked tumors all over the place.

Corsair%20Wreck%20020.jpg

Special thanks to Gabe , Jud (sp?), and Capt Joe for taking us out today.

Hope you enjoyed the pix

NH

I know that first creature, it the endangered PADI Instructor!!!!!!!!! Rarely breeds and and eats only Top Raman Noodles!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Harlequin !!
I haven't seen one of those in ages.
Usually they come in pairs. I wonder where the female went..?

Hey, nice pictures (even scary one). I kinda miss that dive.

Just to nit-pick a little; just because you can see the plane from the surface does not mean 100' vis. :)

Hey, nice pictures (even scary one). I kinda miss that dive.

Just to nit-pick a little; just because you can see the plane from the surface does not mean 100' vis. :)

You are correct...The plane is at 105fsw and I was standing on the boat 6ft above the surface so that equals 111ft viz!!:eyebrow:

Aloha:D

thanks for the write-up. A co-worker of mine is actually in HI now...that bastard. I let him borrow my camera setup so hopefully he'll have some sweet shots...i'll post those when he returns next week.

I loved the Corsair, nice big eel in the broken wing was checkin us out. The thing I notice about the corsair and other dive sites (+ as I dive more) If I look for the little things, I started enjoying every dive more than the one before it. If that makes any sense at all.........

Back
Top Bottom