Correct glue/sealant for DUI dry suits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Regarding seams, aquaseal thinned with cotol is the way to go for seam repair.
I would agree with that. Although because cotol is quite expensive, I just use acetone to speed up curing. Just enough to make the aquaseal a little runny and it will brush on and dry in 30-45 minutes.

Regarding the aquaseal on valves, I’ve never seen it in probably 10 or so I’ve taken off of suits. Not a big sampling but adds to what has been stated above. Most were between 2000-2010. I usually do find varying amounts of silicone.

DUI has always used RTV silicone on their valves unless something has changed recently or perhaps they need to re-train new people at the factory. My last 4 DUI drysuits and my wife's were glued on with RTV silicone, as well as all the DUI drysuits I have helped people work on. These were TLS350, FLX and CLX suits. It's actually been a while since I have had a CF200 so I dont know if they use aquaseal there.

They explain why they do it here. I hate that they do it and prefer suits with rubber gaskets.

Regarding seams, aquaseal thinned with cotol is the way to go for seam repair.
As an FYI, when you order a new suit, you can request rubber gaskets instead of RTV. It is an option.

As an FYI, when you order a new suit, you can request rubber gaskets instead of RTV. It is an option.

That is fantastic. I didn't know that was an option. I recently bought my first non-DUI drysuit in 10 years but depending on how this experiment goes I will definitely do that if I order another DUI suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom