Cootwo settings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hatul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I posted this question in DiveNav support forum but have not received an answer.

Having just received my Cootwo I find the settings a little complicated. As a diver we just want to turn on our meter and measure the O2% and CO ppm and not have to worry about stability times and sensor voltages. That’s how my Analox meter works: I just turn it on, calibrate to compressed air and measure. There should be a quick way to set defaults in the Cootwo so we get quick and accurate readings.

The Settings - Measurements has some numbers such as warm up time, auto estimation time, etc.
Can you please supply us with recommended settings for this as I have no idea how to chose these numbers so I can get quick and accurate readings.

If I use the Cootwo in stand alone mode does the device follow the settings set in the App or does it have its own defaults.

Adam

app should be setting the analyzer settings.

Define quick and accurate? You are getting mV readings out of the Cootwo so you can tell if the sensor is behaving properly, but if you don't want to know, then don't look at them. Set the calibration to 48 hours in the app so you don't have to calibrate as frequently, and just let it go. Calibrate it against compressed air every other day, and life is good

I leave everything set as default. 20s warmup time, auto estimation mode on, time 20s, 2% error, 60s max measurement time. Once it is calibrated, it gives quick and accurate readings since there isn't that much to it.

So when you analyze your tank do you use the Analyze function in the app, or do you just connect the Cootwo and wait for the reading to stabilize (like with the Analox) and take that as the O2%?

So when you analyze your tank do you use the Analyze function in the app, or do you just connect the Cootwo and wait for the reading to stabilize (like with the Analox) and take that as the O2%?

I calibrate with the app, then I put the phone away and just read off the cootwo itself. It spits out the same numbers the app does so it's not worth double fisting. I don't care about logging the values so there is no benefit to using the app during analysis. Whenever the cootwo says it needs calibration again, I get the phone back out, recalibrate it, and continue on. I do like that it has a 48hr digital calibration so you can't bump it, but I wish it would go longer since the O2 sensors really don't need calibration that frequently, but 48 hours isn't that bad

With the latest firmware you can also calibrate the O2 sensor directly from the analyzer (but only using Air) see User Manual

will you be releasing the software for those of us that are unable to get our units back to the factory to upgrade? or in my case, with a university that won't approve of the expense? We have the ability to replace and calibrate our own CO sensors since we use the same sensors and cal gas for the compressors

DiveNav and Cootwo are earning my disrespect rapidly. For months I have tried to get our ORIGINAL Cootwo's (four of them) upgraded. Over month ago, I paid for the upgrades and never heard back from the company. Their published phone number seems to be dead and is a overseas number, emails to customer.service simply bounce back. I am ready to just throw the damn things in the trash and I was one of the original kickstarter supporters, thats why I got these four at the kickstarter discount price two years ago. What do I tell the customers that purchase these from us and I have to tell them the sensors have expired?

I posted this question in DiveNav support forum but have not received an answer.

Having just received my Cootwo I find the settings a little complicated. As a diver we just want to turn on our meter and measure the O2% and CO ppm and not have to worry about stability times and sensor voltages. That’s how my Analox meter works: I just turn it on, calibrate to compressed air and measure. There should be a quick way to set defaults in the Cootwo so we get quick and accurate readings.

The Settings - Measurements has some numbers such as warm up time, auto estimation time, etc.
Can you please supply us with recommended settings for this as I have no idea how to chose these numbers so I can get quick and accurate readings.

If I use the Cootwo in stand alone mode does the device follow the settings set in the App or does it have its own defaults.

Adam
Good luck with these fools Adam. I have 4 in my dive store, paid for upgrades so my customers wouldn't be getting expired units, no contact from the company in months of trying to get some sort of answer or the sensors upgrades I paid for. Ready to fill a claim with my bank to get my money back and just throw the damn things in the trash. I was a original participant in their Kickstarter for these and am terribly disappointed with their support. VERY POOR

@ltcmiller unfortunately they've made it clear that it's on the dealers not them, which is complete BS and @DiveNav and @DiveNav Team haven't been on here in a while.

You can DIY change the sensors and if you're a shop it wouldn't hurt to have the CO bump gas to do the calibration on them, but unfortunately there is no alternative product out there at the moment that does both CO and O2....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom