Cooper River Dive Charters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Backwoodsdiver:
What were the dive conditions like? Did you have any luck?

Thanks,
Randy :cheers:
as of last sunday water temp was 82deg. vis2 to 6 feet depending on tide and location. last weekend was pretty good the saturday 22nd was terrificone of my dive buddies and i picked up 18 spanish coins cir: 1771 to 1801 , half reals,reals.\, 2 reals and one 8 real.

Backwoodsdiver:
What were the dive conditions like? Did you have any luck?

Thanks,
Randy :cheers:
Yes, I found alot of teeth, No really big ones this time, but I must have found close to 100 in total in 3 days of diving, I also found 2 old full clay pipe stems and about 30 or more bottles. You will also find bones and other fossils if your interested in collecting those things. The water temp was 81 at 40+ feet, I dove with reef gloves and just the farmers of my wet suit. A full 3 mill might be ok, good for protection down there. Alot of trees and old wood planks at different locations as well as the gravel beds (where I have the best luck finding teeth) Current can get quite strong and take a few good lights and extra batteries. We also use a long screwdriver with a nylon cord and a large brass clip to fasten it to your BC. We dig it in the bottom both to help hold position while searching and also to move against the current. Might be a good idea to have ankle weights and a few extra pounds to help keep you stationary. I don't think you going to worry much about bouyancy control down there.

Freedom At Depth out of North Charleston has some charters, I have had plenty of success with them. www.freedomatdepth.com

I have dove with Backwater Diversions, & had a great experience.

scubadaddee, good to see that you found us. I dove with you last fall. David & Cathryn, I'm David. You let me use one of your tanks so we could get in a third dive. I was on my way to NC to pick up a boat from my brother.

Just want to say thanks for a great trip, and I hope that the tragedy of your friend's death has done some good through increased boater awareness.

scubafool:
I have dove with Backwater Diversions, & had a great experience.

scubadaddee, good to see that you found us. I dove with you last fall. David & Cathryn, I'm David. You let me use one of your tanks so we could get in a third dive. I was on my way to NC to pick up a boat from my brother.

Just want to say thanks for a great trip, and I hope that the tragedy of your friend's death has done some good through increased boater awareness.
hey david how are things going diving has been pretty good this year in the cooper vis has been terrific. i dove sunday two weeks ago in 24 feet of water and never turned on my dive light. we,ve had a pretty good year so far, some really nice finds. as hot as its been lately the water is the only place to be. if you,re back upthis way give me a shout.

I had a chance to dive in Goose Creek back in September with Mark Johnson. That guy really knows his river. We got out just as a tropical storm blew in, and tried to book him for last weekend to see what the rough weather of the last few weeks has stirred up. Unfortunately, he had DEMA and couldn't make it. We will without a doubt be going back in the spring. He has a website... divethecooper.com. It's worth checking out, and he has an e-mail option if you want to get in touch with him. The condo was great; very clean and comfortable, though after fighting the current all morning I could have slept in a crosstown bus. Kudos for Mark Johnson, I can't recommend him highly enough....

Back
Top Bottom