Coolest creatures you've seen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The loggerhead turtle that swam right into my mask during a dive off the East Coast of Florida. This turtle must have been blind, because he lazily swam into my mask with his beak while I has just hovering there. I kept thinking that he would turn off, but he never did. It was a trip!

Cuttlefish. OK - maybe not what you expect, but I find these creatures fascinating. The way they can change color, create animated patterns, and even change their skin texture. Also, they're (normally) quite gentile creatures. Just love 'em.

I definitely agree with you roughtwater. These guys are my favourite to encounter. They are intelligent and personable.

But I'm going to raise the pot and say flamboyant cuttlefish. These little guys are fun to watch - especially while feeding on small fish fry.

Clown fish, manta, whale shark, leopard shark, sand tiger shark, seahorse,

Wish list:
Hammerhead
Spotted eagle ray

Still so many things I want to see but here are a few of my favorites.

Love these guys
Single-ghost.jpg

What can you say
bmfinal.jpg

Our one and only, to date, whaleshark
whaleshark4.jpg

Another Fav
cutsolo11.jpg

Minke whale, sea snake, wolf eel.

I, too think cuttle fish are amazing.

Plus I have a fondness for Blennies, clowns of the sea.

Would it be wrong to say "myself?" :D

Dude, you crack me up!:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

For me I would have to say a white-spotted guitarfish in the Komodo National Marine Park. It was about 8ft long and blended in with the coral upon which it was resting perfectly. I had literally past right over it and look down to have my breathe taken away. Of course, I instinctivley spun around to alert my divers of the find.

Running a close second, is swimming up next to a mola-mola (oceanic sunfish). This thing looks so wierd. They appear large and bulky, but when they want to go...a couple swishes of the pecotral and ventral fins and they're gone!
:eyebrow:

She was 25 and wearing a blue bikini snorkeling through my bubbles in the Red Sea.

She made Jessica Alba look dumpy...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom