Coolest creatures you've seen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A squid that hung out with me on a night dive. I had to leave him to go back up, usually they leave me...
SCUBA_061_1.jpg

I'm gonna have to say hammerhead sharks... Thrillhouse, put it on your to do list. Unforgettable experience diving with massive schools of hammerheads on Cocos Island, Costa Rica. Here's a friendly one that came in for a close look :D As for what I'd like to see in the future - humpback whales... tiger sharks...

1447225137_1aa1970009.jpg

I get the biggest smile out of juvenile trunk fish.

I get the biggest eyes when in a swarm of sand tigers off North Carolina.

So many cool things, so short a space to list them in.

I am in agreement with Roughwater. While in the Similans (islands west of Phuket, Thailand) I had encounters with cuttlefish. You really feel like you are interacting with them.

AZ

Zebra Mussels...man the great lakes can be depressing.

I was in Cuba in February, but sadly the coolest thing I saw was a Moray Eel that they hand feed to come out and see us. I was really hoping for some sharks or something.

I feel for you brother!

Six-gill sharks, Giant Pacific Octopus and Wolf-eels. This past weekend I accended from a dive just as 16 Orcas swam past in Trincomali Channel off Galiano Island. Possibly the most exciting dive in 17 years.

I'm fascinated by sea cucumbers. I don't know why since they don't really do much and aren't what most people would call cute, but I love 'em. I have tons of pictures of them and even have one set as my wallpaper.

--Shannon

I had a friend & a dive buddy that thought they were whale turds:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:. I never had such a laugh......:D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom