• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

converting valve from LH to RH?

Discussion in 'Tanks, Valves and Bands' started by stepfen, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Scubagaskets

Scubagaskets Nassau Grouper

if you are looking for 100% oxygen viton orings take a look here VITONĀ® Green Scuba O-Rings for pure Oxygen applications
    and for tank valve parts here Service Kits & parts for Tank Valves Scuba Tank Valves

2. stepfen

stepfen Barracuda

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Thanks for all the answers. It's clear now that it can't be converted, so I won't disassemble it.

The reason I prefer the valve on the right side is because I already have some trouble reaching the valve on the right side and I am right handed (I don't want to open this discussion, but I like to be able to reach my valves).
    I haven't tried on the left side but I guess that with left hand it will be even worst for me.

Using mixed configurations (one tank with left one with right) might also lead to confusion in case of an emergency (am I using the tank with the left valve or the right?)

I will do some dives with it to try it. Worst case I will get a new valve or exchange it. My LDS has several twins, h valves etc, hence they might be interested for an exchange.

Thanks for all replies.

3. In2theabyss

In2theabyss Nassau Grouper

Just use it as it is...I have tanks set up for doubles I use consistantly. Just need to remember which side the valve is on when diving!

4. grf88

grf88 Divemaster

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Find someone who is switching from backmount to sidemount and do a straight trade.

5. stepfen

stepfen Barracuda

In the morning I asked a much more technically inclined (in the general sense - he is not a diver) friend of mine about it. I sent him in Viber the first picture:
    upload_2019-3-28_10-57-37-png.512010.png
    In two minutes he replied Problem solved!
    upload_2019-3-28_21-10-4.png

:)

6. Jim Lapenta

Jim Lapenta Dive Shop

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Photoshop can be used for SCUBA gear! Who'd a thunk it?

dead dog likes this.