Converting Edge EXP from yoke to DIN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tickler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello, I was wondering if there was a way that I would be able to convert my edge EXP to DIN. I have spoken with several people at dive shops and have gotten answers from "it is easy, you just need an adapter" to "it is impossible, the yoke piece is welded on". I was hoping you could clarify this for me and maybe point me to where I could get an adapter if they exist. Thanks.

The yoke is not welded on. However there is no kit to convert the yoke model to DIN. And there is no adapter that will allow you to do it.

You can get a DIN EXP but it is a completely unique reg. There are no other parts from any other reg that will allow you to convert it. That's straight from Edge HOG less than a minute ago.

If you want a DIN 1st stage you'll need to buy a new reg or at least a new 1st stage. And the EXP is sold as a set that includes the 1st stage and a second.

Some larger form regulators allow you to install either DIN or yoke connectors but not yours. That's the trade-off a small-from yoke regulator requires: lighter and less obtrusive means it can't accept a DIN connector.

Aftermarket yoke to DIN adapters are available but they are really only intended to be used during filling operations on land - they're too vulnerable to use safely in the water. You can find them if you google fustercluck but, really, don't do it.

Just wanted to share an update with you guys. I have been back and forth between a member here in PM as well as a diver supply salesperson. In the user manual for the regulator it states
"Your EDGE regulator may be sold with a standard U.S. yoke connection, which is approved for use with cylinder pressures up to 3,500 psi. If you intend to use your regulator with a high pressure cylinder equipped with a DIN valve, a DIN adapter is available separately and can be purchased from and installed by your authorized dealer."

The manual can be found at EDGE EXP Regulator under more details tab. Apparently this is not correct and the manual is the same pdf for all edge/hog 1st stages- some of which can be swapped.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom