Continuous blending (Top urgent )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CYA. If it was under warranty, I'd be concerned.

West Coast Bauer is about a mile from my house. I've asked the techs about it and they didn't even miss a beat by saying, "just put synthetic oil in it." Nothing else was even brought up. It is obviously so common that they all know what goes on out in the real world.

Bauers are ubiquitous. They are everywhere, so it is not suprising that the majority of the Nitrox systems I have in the field are coupled to Bauer Compressors. This however does not change the fact that as you increase the amount of oxygen in air, you have the potential to damage your compressor, especially if you do something stupid. (The automatic control system I produce is designed to keep you from doing something stupid.) We covered this discussion of temperature, pressure and oxygen a little while back.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co...ssor-pressure-continuous-blending-nitrox.html

If you add a supercharger or headders to your newly purchased vehicle, this automatically voids the warranty. Unless it is done by the manufacturer, there is no guarantee that it is done correctly. Bauer is following this same line of thinking.

By mixing Nitrox through your compressor, you have the potential to blow the thing up, especially if you don't have any flow limiters or automatic protective actions.

When I bought my Mariner, Bauer also told me they don't endorse blending. Said that it was a liability issue in the event the oxygen flow wasn't regulated correctly along with potential excessive wear and tear on the pump if the mix ratio was too high. His next comment was if you keep it under 40% you will probably never have any issues...

Bauers are ubiquitous.

Does that mean they break down a lot? (kidding :crafty:). The belt on mine has disintegrated twice after only about 30 hours of operation. Luckily, they have immediately repaired it and stand by their compressor. First time they told me it was the wrong belt and the second was blamed on a bur on the pulley (which they replaced). The salesman told me that IF there's a third time, they'd replace the compressor. Oops, I'm off topic. Sorry.

Sarge,

From Merriam Webster

ubiquitous:
Pronunciation: \yu-bi-kwi-tus\
Function: adjective
Date: 1830
: existing or being everywhere at the same time : constantly encountered

I suppose if the thing exploded, and parts were everywhere in your garage, you might consider it to be ubiquitous. I hope you don't have the same trouble with the rest of your fill system that you are having with you compressor...

Last edited:
Hi Dannobee and thank you for your reply
I'm planning to use (Tri-Hunter 6000 Trimix/Nitrox Mixing Stick) with my compressor

So Now All what I need is to change the oil to synthetic oil and run the compressor for a few hours (one or two) and change the oil again,
Than the compressor is ready for pumping the nitrox?

The Tri-Hunter 6000 is a great system. I worked in the same shop with Wayne when he was developing that system. In that shop we were adjusting the needle valve for the O2 manually, which works fine too. You have to fiddle with it until the supply temp evens out. We were using (and Wayne uses in his fill station) Liquid O2 generated to gas out of a dewer but it works equally well from a "K" bottle.

Both the shop we worked in and Wayne's new fill station used Bauer compessors. They work fine both for Nitrox and for Trimix.

Sarge,

From Merriam Webster

ubiquitous:
Pronunciation: \yu-bi-kwi-tus\
Function: adjective
Date: 1830
: existing or being everywhere at the same time : constantly encountered

I suppose if the thing exploded, and parts were everywhere in your garage, you might consider it to be ubiquitous. I hope you don't have the same trouble with the rest of your fill system that you are having with you compressor...

:rofl3:

The rest is running great - due to a great design! Thanks again for your help on that!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom