Continued Carbon Monoxide - Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had hoped that the Analox portable could be LDS calibrated, but maybe they will decide that there is enough market to justify developing their own real product, however long that could take.

I'll ask my LDS what they have or can get for me.

The Analox portable requires 20 ppm calgas so if your LDS has the older CO Clear fixed unit on its compressor they can calibrate the Analox portable unit.

Excerpting from DEMA product launch addresses threat of carbon monoxide poisoning
"The new EII CO portable CO analyser will be launched at DEMA Show, in Las Vegas in November 2010. It is designed for sport divers, and gives them accurate equipment to check for CO contamination of their own gas prior to diving. Being portable the analyser can be easily transported with other kit."

And if you bought the first Analox portable unit, watch your email for a special offer....! :cool2:

Thanks Don. Have their been any specs released about this new EII CO analyzer?

Thanks Don. Have their been any specs released about this new EII CO analyzer?
I wish! If I had them, I'd post them. The US VP asked me to keep quiet for now until I showed her the UK blog, but it's all pre-release now. If you ordered a portable unit now, you'd probably get the new one but I don't have any info on calibration, sensor, etc. It does look like you just crack the tank and hold the unit to the valve tho, like their Nitrox portable. :thumb:

I was really impressed with how quickly they developed their own product to replace the rebranded unit they first introduced at our requests. I hope they do well, but if divers keep posting their experiences, more divers will realize and buy - I think.

Last edited:
They are out of the "current" model and I suspect won't have any product for sale until the release of the new one in November. I could be wrong about that and if you need a tester sooner, I guess you should give analox a call and see if they will get more of them.

I was about to buy one of the current analox testers for an upcoming trip when I learned of the new model coming out soon, so I guess I will wait a bit. I tested the other model back in June and it was very easy to use, which suited me fine. I want to test my air and then go dive and don't want any more time and effort spent on the testing process than necessary to avoid getting poisoned. That's what the older version did when I tested it and I think the new model will do that for me.

They are out of the "current" model and I suspect won't have any product for sale until the release of the new one in November. I could be wrong about that and if you need a tester sooner, I guess you should give analox a call and see if they will get more of them.

I was about to buy one of the current analox testers for an upcoming trip when I learned of the new model coming out soon, so I guess I will wait a bit. I tested the other model back in June and it was very easy to use, which suited me fine. I want to test my air and then go dive and don't want any more time and effort spent on the testing process than necessary to avoid getting poisoned. That's what the older version did when I tested it and I think the new model will do that for me.
When is your trip?

Here is a better link: DEMA product launch addresses threat of carbon monoxide poisoning | Analox Blog

Picked up 4 tanks from my LDS today. All tanks had 0 ppm CO :)

Well, just got back from a fantastic trip to Reef House on Roatan, and I took my spanking new Pocket CO2 Scuba unit with me. Mike (the resort owner) had been gracious enough to hunt down a set of high pressure steel 100cf tanks for me, as I am the original airhog, and these tanks all had bright yellow paint on their top ends. Not sure where he borrowed them from, but they had CCR marked on the top where they were painted yellow. Anyway, the first tank I tested read 2ppm, which is not bad, I guess. They had two of those tanks set up on the boat for me, however, and when I tested the second tank, I got 8ppm.:shocked2: Yipes! I retested it a couple of times, and got nearly the same thing each time. Testing atmospheric air off the front of the boat read 0ppm, and testing the tank again got me 9ppm. I told Mike, and he grabbed the tank and vented it right there on the dock. He got me another yellow topper, and this one was good. I never found another tank which was a problem the entire time I was there, although I admit that I slacked off on testing after awhile, The only thing I can think of was that the tank came pressurized from the original owner, and that's where the problem was. Mike's operation was clean though, and he gave excellent fills with nearly every tank. Spooky stuff, nonetheless. Woody

Picked up 4 tanks from my LDS today. All tanks had 0 ppm CO :)
Good practice for trips anyway, but still - good to know even from your regular LDS. Mine runs a Analox inline monitor as many do, but I still test.
...although I admit that I slacked off on testing after awhile...
Understandable but shouldn't.

Thanks for sharing experiences, guys. :crafty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom