Contest for ugliest drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrianM:
I bought this on ebay and it was described as being in "good condition"

That's like buying a used car which is in "mechanically good condition"...

It looks nasty alright, but does it work? Does it leak somewhere or fail to fill its purpose?

wow, that looks like a giant turd. I don't think I would be seen in that, and if my buddy came wearing it i would have to cancel the dive :wink:

looks like someone wore that suit while tarring a road.

I dived for many years (all my student years in fact) with a suit that was just as ugly. I was slightly more discreet and put the aquaseal on the inside rather than the outside however.

If it keeps you dry (or at worst only moist) then it is quite possible to get several hundred dives out of a suit like that. If it doesn't leak, then just use it. I would always prefer to look like an idiot and be warm, than looking cool and freezing my ar*se off.

Jon T

NEVER buy anything from 'trappersdeal' on ebay....

Mine was $37.98 incl shipping. Got what I paid for, but it served it's purpose. At least I was happy once I stopped laughing. Actually, I'm still laughing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom