console versus wrist computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You forgot the s

I like having it on the wrist. I have a camera rig now and it's easier to glance down at my wrist when I'm taking a shot or adjusting strobes, especially at night. Additionally, as others have mentioned, I like keeping the left hand free for inflating or deflating, although when ascending, I usually dump with my right shoulder because it offers finer control. I have AI on my primary computer on my right wrist but still carry an analog gauge. I don't like having to charge a console computer or having to pull it up all the time to look at it for depth data in addition to NDL, temperature, dive time, etc. It's much easier to glance at my wrist, even without camera. Should my primary computer crap out on me, I have a backup computer which does not have AI and that's where my analogue gauge comes in. Granted, I could get a backup computer with AI but it's not an investment I am willing to make for the added convenience. I like backups. :) I know I could theoretically also get a backup inline console computer but I do like the analogue aspect of it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom