Considering Halcyon Explore BP/W and 112 steel doubles ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bowtieman427

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Used but like BN Halcyon Explore 55# wing, SS back plate, harness and pak. for $375.00
Used scuffed up steel double LP 112s all banded, connected and ready togo $500.00
if I buy together $850.00
is this a good deal ?
This is from a Dive Shop he stands behind his stuff.
No experience with doubles but want to learn over winter in pool. Thought this may start me off. thanks Jim

Used but like BN Halcyon Explore 55# wing, SS back plate, harness and pak. for $375.00
Used scuffed up steel double LP 112s all banded, connected and ready togo $500.00
is this a good deal ?
This is from a Dive Shop he stands behind his stuff.
No experience with doubles but want to learn over winter in pool. Thought this may start me off. thanks Jim

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me, at least for the BP/Wing. FWIW, I paid $270 on eBay for a lightly used (6 dives, Fresh Water) Pioneer 36# some time back, and $200 for a moderately used S/S BP, harness, pack and knife sheath locally.

As to the tanks, I got a couple of OMS LP112s in excellent condition with two yrs. until hydro a couple of years ago for $125 each (the owner was moving to Minnesota, IIRR, so he was motivated). Don't know what a good set of bands would cost used, but throw in the manifold and I suspect you're in the ballpark - I've seen used but in good condition, doubled with bands PST E7-100s go for about $600-$700 locally.

My only caution is that one of my 112s, full, weighs 52.5 to 53 lb. Are you sure you can stagger reasonably safely to the water wearing considerably more than twice that? If not, you might want to consider HP100s or LP85s. And if you're diving in fresh water, do you need/want a S/S BP?

Guy

Fair price, not a great price. A good price would be closer to $300. I have an Explorer 55, for which I paid $180, used. Good wing.
Presuming they are in current hydro (really in hydro - at least 2 years left, not 6 months, for example), with good bands (e.g. Highland), an 'OK' price. $400 would be better.
The shop is doing well on this deal. Nothing wrong with that at all. I wouldn't pay more than $725 for the package, but that is just me.
No experience with doubles but want to learn over winter in pool. Thought this may start me off.
As noted, 112s are heavy. But, so are HP130s for that matter. It is a good set of tanks, if you are comfortable with the load.

Thank you everyone with what he last poster posted I think I will pas. Called the dive shop and of course there was someone else interested so I geuss I will let it go or wait it out till the deal gets better of find something better. Once again thankd for all the great input and advice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom