Conshelf SE2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Basically a Conshelf 14/20/21/22 but with 1/2" low pressure ports. Reliable, decent performance, and parts are readily available.

JVM4.0:
I have a couple of sets that seem to be bulletproof.

Easy to use.

Economical.

Cheap to rebuild.

Jim

I only disagree with one. They are nothing cheap to rebuild. Parts kits run at least $30 CDN ($25 USD) .... that is per stage. So you are looking at about $75 for all your parts.... oh and then there is labour that ranges about $60 in either currency. So I don't think that is too cheap.

rescuediver009:
I only disagree with one. They are nothing cheap to rebuild. Parts kits run at least $30 CDN ($25 USD) .... that is per stage. So you are looking at about $75 for all your parts.... oh and then there is labour that ranges about $60 in either currency. So I don't think that is too cheap.

They run $19 for a 1st and and $6 for a 2nd around here. So your standard rig should only cost $30 for all of the parts. That is, of course, unless I am mistaken in that the SE2 takes the same kits as the XIV and so on.

Mike Matthews:
Any feedback or thoughts on the Conshelf SE2?
I have one, and it works like a champ!

I see no need for a new one because it works so well. I've never, ever been able to over-breathe the thing. It's always been able to deliver enough air even when working really, really hard.

And....... parts are still available for it. I think it's one of the best regulators ever made.

Randy

Creed:
They run $19 for a 1st and and $6 for a 2nd around here. So your standard rig should only cost $30 for all of the parts. That is, of course, unless I am mistaken in that the SE2 takes the same kits as the XIV and so on.
I am not 100% sure on dealer cost at the moment but if I remember correctly it is around $12.00-15.00 for a Conshelf first stage kit and about $4-5 for a second stage kit.

So unless the dealer is really gouging you for parts they should be no more expensive to service than other regulators.

USD and Scubapro are two of the very few companies that offer excellent parts and service support for regulators that have long since been out of production. Both use evolutionary approaches to engineering new designs and consequently their new designs tend to have a high degree of parts commonality with older designs making parts support of older regs much more economical and practical.

DA Aquamaster:
I am not 100% sure on dealer cost at the moment but if I remember correctly it is around $12.00-15.00 for a Conshelf first stage kit and about $4-5 for a second stage kit.

So unless the dealer is really gouging you for parts they should be no more expensive to service than other regulators.

USD and Scubapro are two of the very few companies that offer excellent parts and service support for regulators that have long since been out of production. Both use evolutionary approaches to engineering new designs and consequently their new designs tend to have a high degree of parts commonality with older designs making parts support of older regs much more economical and practical.

Thanks guys. I am buying it today. I wanted a second/back up for my Conshelf 14 which has given 24 years of service and still going strong.

One of our larger LDSs here is the only USD/Aqua Lung dealer in the area, and they quoted me around $80 for the complete annual service on my SE2-based reg--$25.00 labor for each stage, so that means that the parts must cost...$5.00 ?! Well, the total cost is significantly more than my usual LDS (a much smaller shop) was charging to service my Dacor regs, but then I feel a lot better about the SE2 overall. Oh well...

I would assume that parts kits cost a fairly consistent amount, and the wildcard would be what the shop charges for labor.

DA Aquamaster:

Back
Top Bottom