Conshelf press on swept T

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

James79

Reinventor of Wheels
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Version 1 fit check next to a factory T. Modifications already made in FreeCad, version 2 will get printed tomorrow. This works in TPU, so I probably won't have to mess with molds for silicone!
IMG_20230331_122841916.jpg
IMG_20230331_122821933.jpg
IMG_20230331_122806885.jpg

Because he can would be my guess.

Looks good James!

Looks good, but why?
Why? You obviously haven’t tried to find (or purchase) a replacement exhaust T for a Conshelf XIV lately. AFAIK, Amron is the only place that I have found them and although priced reasonably, shipping eats you up! They’re on my wish list, for sure. Besides, if I’ve gotta build a Con 14 Octo, that yellow looks super!
🐸

I think it would be so cool to make long exhaust port or fittings for hoses that go behind your head and include some sort of bubble diffuser which would better facilitate macro photography. If someone made a circular end, maybe some vinyl, off the shelf hose could be secured and used? Sorta like a double hose? Would it set up a vacuum and freeflow the reg?

I think it would be so cool to make long exhaust port or fittings for hoses that go behind your head and include some sort of bubble diffuser which would better facilitate macro photography. If someone made a circular end, maybe some vinyl, off the shelf hose could be secured and used? Sorta like a double hose? Would it set up a vacuum and freeflow the reg?
It's been tried, and does cause a freeflow as you mentioned. Closest to it is one manufacturer (I don't remember which) has a super wide exhaust T that is open on the bottom for the outer portions, so it channels the air back without keeping it enclosed (so it won't pull a vacuum). Honestly, the DAAM/RAM type double hose regs are still plentiful enough it might be easiest for you to go that route.

Respectfully,

James

thanks.. I guess the freeflow and physics are the issue, I will just go back to the drawing board with my 5 ft long snorkel.

Mostly because I can. And because I like ensuring quality gear is supportable forever.
It is an odd question for the DIY forum though, lol!

Respectfully,

James
Guess I didn't know about lack of availability of Conshelf replacement parts. Should have looked before commenting. Nice design btw.

JD999, it’s not so much authenticity I’m interested in as the need for some parts that the manufacturer has discontinued. It’s not just our pastime where this occurs. For us old guys who want to keep using any kind of equipment we’ve had for years and with which we are intimately familiar. If parts aren’t “authentic” this isn’t as critical as having the item continue to function. 👍

Plastic Fantastic regulators may be perfectly fine, but give me a hunk of metal that says “Conshelf” and I’m happy. 😁

🐸

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom