Conshelf fans welcomed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The SE2 I got off eBay for $34 looked very clean. I had my LDS check it out and all he said it needed was a little adjustment, No Charge for that. It looks just like my Conshelf XII but has one more LP port and a larger hole for the HP port, so I had to buy an adapter to get the new Tusa depth / pressure guage to fit.:D

The SE2 I got off eBay for $34 looked very clean. I had my LDS check it out and all he said it needed was a little adjustment, No Charge for that. It looks just like my Conshelf XII but has one more LP port and a larger hole for the HP port, so I had to buy an adapter to get the new Tusa depth / pressure guage to fit.:D

Well done on your purchase.

Nice avatar too...:wink:

c

Can some one make a recommendation on which Conshelf's would fit my needs (there are so many and I have not been able to find a source of which model has what)?

They appear to be inexpensive plentiful, bullet proof and easy to maintain.

I want to use this reg as a back up, for my daugther to use if she dives with me and as the second reg if I setup my 108's as doubles.

I am looking for a first stage that has 1 HP port and at least 3LP ports, balanced, 3000 psi yoke, and the vailability of the non siliconed enviro seal.

What model or models of second stages would be the best?

Thanks for any info.

Can some one make a recommendation on which Conshelf's would fit my needs (there are so many and I have not been able to find a source of which model has what)?

They appear to be inexpensive plentiful, bullet proof and easy to maintain.

I want to use this reg as a back up, for my daugther to use if she dives with me and as the second reg if I setup my 108's as doubles.

I am looking for a first stage that has 1 HP port and at least 3LP ports, balanced, 3000 psi yoke, and the vailability of the non siliconed enviro seal.

What model or models of second stages would be the best?

Thanks for any info.

Any late model conshelf XII would work (the later ones had 3 LP). Any XIV, 20, 21, 22, etc. would work. If you want the one that is most readily availible I would get a XIV. It is Navy approved, has 3LP, 1HP, and you can changed it from yoke to DIN if you feel so compelled. You can also change it to a supreme with an environmental kit should you so desire later. You could probably find one on Ebay in great shape from 30 bucks to 150 bucks depending on condition and such. Just don't tell too many people about this, or they'll stop spending 600 bucks on plastic regulators and buy up our good ones :wink:

I use Conshelf XIV's for my primary, secondary, and pony/stage bottle, all converted to DIN. I just acquired a Conshelf 21 1st stage that I'm going to set up as my travel reg, yoke, XIV 1st stages (I Like Brass), and enough LP ports to add my Dry Suit whip if I need too.

These are great regs, the only problem I have ever had was because I let one of them go way too long without service and had a small leak. I'll write that off to user error. Never had any problem getting them serviced, and in my personal opinion I think I get less dry mouth with a brass 2nd stage.

Jamie,

We dive the same setup. I use a 21 for drysuit and tech stuff, then a XIV for everything else. I also concur that brass second stages are the bees knees. Baras seem to stare at me more, but they have not attacked my face yet so I think we are good.

Returning again to the OP’s original question:
How many models of Conshelves are out there? I've only heard of Conshelf XIV and Conshelf 22. Are there other Conshelf models out there?
In post #120 I provided a list of Conshelf models:
the Conshelf series has included:
XII, XIV, 20, 21, 22, and 30 (actually a minor variant on the XIV second stage)
SE, SE2, SE3, SEA, SEA2, SEA4, SEAS, SES, Supreme, and EFA
... I found a few mentions of Conshelf VI and XI on the web, but have no independent confirmation
Since then some helpful folks (notably DA Aquamaster and Slonda828) have confirmed that the VI and XI models existed.

Additionally, I just stumbled on further confirmation, by NEDU no less, at:

Evaluation of U. S. Diver's Co. Modified Conshelf VI and Conshelf XI Conversion to Conshelf XII Open Circuit Regulators,
Title : Evaluation of U. S. Diver's Co. Modified Conshelf VI and Conshelf XI Conversion to Conshelf XII Open Circuit Regulators,
…
Abstract : The U. S. Diver's Conshelf VI was tested by the Experimental Diving Unit in 1963, in February 1973 for service use. In 1972 the Conshelf XII was tested by the Navy Experimental Diving Unit and in October 1972 was approved for service use. In 1971, the Conshelf XI superceded the Conshelf VI. The Conshelf XI was never submitted for testing hence never approved. At the present time, only the Conshelf XII is available. In an effort to rectify discrepencies in the Conshelf VI, XI, and XII regulators, U.S. Diver's proposed converting all conshelf VI and XI to Conshelf XII.
This also could explain to some extent why VI’s and XI’s are scarce. Does anyone know whether the conversion to XII’s actually took place?

Hi I'm new and I'm trying to find information about my regulator. I have my dads equipment and it's older then I am. The guy at my local dive shop seemed to think it's rare and pointed out where it says U.D.T. on the pressure gauge. it is a model: Conshelf XI regulator. Does anyone have any information for me?

I bought a Conshelf XI from "Honest Archie" at Central Skindivers in 1971. Still own it. I never heard anythiing about a conversion to a Conshelf XII

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom