Connection issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kyleharmon

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello, for some reason I can not access scubaboard on my laptop. It's always worked fine and I haven't changed anything. SB and my account work fine on other computers and my iPhone, but on my laptop, it simply says "connecting to scubaboard.com" and then eventually times out. Could it be something with the new servers? I need help! I'm having SB withdrawel already. Thanks

Posted via Mobile Device

We recently switched the DNS for the whole site. Try doing a ping scubaboard.com and let me know what you're seeing.

If you don't have a special ping program, you can (from windows)

click START
RUN
then type
"ping scubaboard.com"

and let me know the IP that comes up.

Thanks. :)

Reply from 209.208.13.242: bytes=32 TTL=54

edit: I know this is the old ip address and know the new one is 69.28.64.162, I just don't know how to change it or swith to the new one. I'll keep asking google.
Posted via Mobile Device

Did you try to delete your "cookies"
It works on most issues.

Go to a dos window (start- run- cmd)

Type this- ipconfig /flushdns

and hit enter- this dumps your old DNS entries and makes it go refresh them.

All Programs- Accessories- Command prompt in Vista.

OK, instead of just clicking on "Command prompt" you have to right click it and pick "Run as administrator".

Tried the flushdns command and cleared cookies. Still no go.
Posted via Mobile Device

You could try changing your primary DNS sever in your network configuration. I always use 4.2.2.1 as mine anyway. Its one of the main backbone DNS servers. This should fix it. Before you change this just make sure you write down any numbers that may be in there now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom