Congratulations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reck Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Nice job by the Ocean Rescue of Boca Raton who tried to simultaneously rinse a brand new City Vehicle inside and out at the boat ramp the other day.

I heard he was going with the slippery ramp excuse. I'm surprised no one else had any problems.

528988_4467691694758_2064265455_n.jpg

man that sux...hate seeing those photos... it happens but man these photos look expensive...

Notice the windshield wipers. In my expereince, they short out and turn on when submerged in saltwater...

I hope someone rescued the cooler for the beer before it floated away...

There was a guy who did this in Kaneohe, HI. He was launching his boat while the rest of us were loading our boats at the dock - one second he's there spotting his truck on the ramp to back in, and the next, he's sitting in his truck with water up to the windows. It was easily one of THE funniest things we all had ever seen. The best part was this guy as a total ahole to begin with so no one had to bother being diplomatic and not pointing and laughing at the big jerk.
We still pulled him out though.
He rinsed out his truck and hit everything with lots of cans of contact cleaner to dry everything out. His truck turned out ok, and a couple of weeks later, you couldn't tell that he had taken it for a swim in the Pacific Ocean.

Notice the windshield wipers. In my expereince, they short out and turn on when submerged in saltwater...
In my experience...stories to share DD?

I used to slip my boat where I had a good view of the public boat ramp. After the diving was done we'd often sit on the boat have a view beers and grade the folks launching boats. It was a long skinny ramp, so you could tell who knew how to back a trailer versus those who didn't. The ramp also went from being fairly flat to fairly steep right at the water line, and if the water was up it was easy not to notice it.

One of the regulars at the marina showed up and backed his boat in pretty fast (to show he could back a boat trailer I suppose) hit the steep spot and sunk his vehicle up to past the doors. It didn't stall, so he just put it in park, opened the door - flooding the vehicle - got out, unhooked the boat and then pulled forward and acted like he meant to do it.

It was pretty funny watching the lengths he go to to salvage his pride and we'd have awarded him the gold if it was an olympic event.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom