Confess your scuba crushes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I asked the wife and she said that I can't have a crush on anyone other than her (which is OK as she is a cutie - most days). So, I will have to take this as many have and just indicate with whom I would like to go diving. The general answer is any of the 99.99999999999% on SB with more knowledge about and experience with diving than I have and/or anyone who is decent, interesting, and adventurous. The specific answer is:

Alcina because she was helpful to me in responding to one of my ignorant, newbie questions about photography (and takes awesome pictures and lives in Australia, where I have always wanted to go);

NetDoc because he is THE MAN and seems like a cool dude;

Catherine because she is an increcible photographer and, given the little I can tell from one thread, I respect her philosophy about parenting, so we could discuss that during surface intervals, and I'd love to dive Hawaii;

H2Andy because I like his Avatar and have enjoyed some of his posts; and

AlmightyWife because I have enjoyed the humor in some of her posts and she is in Australia.

There are more, I know. I just can't think of them now.

ohhh...this is a fun thread to read.

yes, Almity is hysterical.

That sense of humor will take you anywhere.

She has that rare gift where her humor is usually not at anyone's expense. That takes talent.....oh sorry, "cheekiness".

And..she is even funny underwater as evidenced by her singing Happy Birthday into her regulator, on video.

I started making a list and it just kept growing... figured I'd miss way too many so I just gotta say I'm always pleased to dive with SB members when they come to Maui - sometimes new divers doing their first post cert dive and sometimes divers with decades and thousands of dives experience. But each one seems to be a real treasure for different reasons.

This is a wonderfully eclectic group of people :D

Aloha, Tim

SparticleBrane:
I'd enjoy diving with Benthic and chickdiver, I think.
Careful, I've been accused of being 'caustic' and 'mean-spirited' in the past. :wink:

Pack your gear and head this way anytime Charles!

Brian

Not sure I'd be able to separate you and Heather long enough to get a few breaths off a reg. :D

Green_Manelishi:
Well I like to be seen in fine company so three that immediately come to mind are:

Ber Rabbit
Catherine96821
TheRedHead

Having dove quite a bit with Ber (and her husband, Bruce, in the pool, quarries, and Lakes Erie,and Huron), I can guarantee that's a good choice.

Ken

Well,

I feel honored. Thanks for the votes! :D

I have been blessed by the users on ScubaBoard. Incredibly blessed. I have gone diving with an incredible number of legends and even a few legends in the making. More than that, I have gotten to dive with a number of passionate divers who keep the sport alive for me. I have gotten to meet even more of them at dive shows and such. I am often considered a much better diver only by the company I am blessed to keep.

In reality, there are any number of people I would like to dive with: about 70,000 of you! :D That being said, I really, really hope to get to dive with Matt the Aquaman once! I have met no one else with such an incredible love for the sport and that hellish drive to MAKE IT HAPPEN. Most of us are so lucky and we just take diving for granted. Matt has to work through OTHERS to make his dream happen and he does it with such great patience. I was awed with how he orchestrated his dives down in the Keys. I got to play an incredibly small part in that (I got to air up the tires in the trailer for the support dinghy) and I will cherish that to the end of my days I think.

Those of you who think you are "tech divers" have no clue until you see what goes into getting Matt into the water. Truly a ballet of surface and subsurface support. I have always appreciated Matt's dream, but after the Keys, I have a new hero.

Even I had a privilage to dive with some of SBoarders....

I would love to dive with Scubafool :)D, yes Andy dear, yes.....), and.....

the list would be way too long........

Mania

eandiver:
My choice is the best cave diver ever besides Jean and that would be Scubafool.

Awwww.... :D :D :D
Oh yes , bring on dem Overhead divers FER SURE !!!!
I would dive with this crowd in a heartbeat !!!

David (ScubaFool) The GUY who taught me everthing about lines and reels and a cave/cavern buddy !
H2Andy ... (of course , I run the reel ... My Cave buddy)
EanDiver (another cave buddy)
Mania (when you come back)
Rick (GDI) <--- in a CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENT OF COURSE
and all the other Overhead Conch's...
Jenny and her gang !!!
ANYTIME...

But then , what do I know...

Me just a small , cave-dwelling nerd... (sniff)...

(swims back under the ledge until air runs out)

Jeano Beano

P.S. I have dove with NetDoc in a mob at the Megadive ... That was SOOOO MUCH FUN !!!
And Walter too on the Rainbow River...I will NEVER forget the er , uh , pants incident!!!

And Jenny and the other Conch's at the clean-up dive this year...YAHOO !!!

OK , I'll keep quiet now and go under my ledge and lay in the silt.

(I'm a stroke , sorry)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom