conditions (vis) at malaga cove??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottfiji

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Did anyone hear anything about the conditions at malaga cove this weekend (meaning the visibility). I am thinking of taking my friend there tomorrow morning I took him to Malibu yesterday, and surge was high, vis very low (5ft). Malaga is usually better, but with this NW swell, I just don't know. Let me know if you heard anything! We are defintely diving again, its just a question of either malaga cove, or Malibu again.

thanks,
Scott

Went there Sunday morning to check the conditions, tons of surfers, waves breaking directly onto the rocks, and water a neat brown color. Didn't go in but did see 2 divers getting the crap beaten out of them trying to enter over the rocks, as a seal looked on and laughed.

We did Marineland this morning; visability was 20ft up to 30ft at times. The surf was 2ft or less, I recommend you get wet before 9am.

Good Luck,

ICE

As ICE mentioned, Marineland was a better choice than Malaga.

Ice, our 2nd dive was great. The vis cleared up a bit and there were huge schools of barracuda cruising the shallows.

See you Wednesday night, unless you want to do a night dive before. Call me.

Roland

hermosadive:
As ICE mentioned, Marineland was a better choice than Malaga.

Ice, our 2nd dive was great. The vis cleared up a bit and there were huge schools of barracuda cruising the shallows.

See you Wednesday night, unless you want to do a night dive before. Call me.

Roland

That's owesome, I had to be a daddy the rest of the day.

Tomorrow, I'm up for an evening dive - let me know what your schedule's like. The boat trip canceled.

ICY ICE:
That's owesome, I had to be a daddy the rest of the day.

Tomorrow, I'm up for an evening dive - let me know what your schedule's like. The boat trip canceled.

I'll call you in the afternoon. I haven't been home much lately so I need to make sure I have'nt forgotten any thing that is planned.

rol

Aerodog:
Went there Sunday morning to check the conditions, tons of surfers, waves breaking directly onto the rocks, and water a neat brown color. Didn't go in but did see 2 divers getting the crap beaten out of them trying to enter over the rocks, as a seal looked on and laughed.

I think that was us! Except we were there in the afternoon, but I can totally relate.

Couldn't see my feet. And I cursed the sea lion for mocking us.....

It was a learning experience.

Back
Top Bottom