Conditions at BW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kathydee

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi all,

I just checked the conditions at BW for a friend and thought I'd share with you all.

The swell looks pretty flat, the vis has cleared up to 10-12 ft, and the sky is sunny and beautiful.

Happy 4th of July weekend to everyone!!

Wonderful, I'll be headed down bright and early tomorrow morning :) Maybe my buddy and I will get in a dive to see the Metridiums.

Happy 4th!

Quick update on today's conditions (Saturday July 2nd) at San Carlos Beach.

Fabs and I got in 2 dives early in the morning. First one was at Metridium, this time we tried going from the end of the pipe along the pipe's direction (~30°) till we hit a patch of metridiums that we hadn't seen before. Vis down there was around 10 feet at a depth of 58 feet, but stilll pretty green and murky.

Our second dive was along the wall, did a long surface swim out to #13, dropped down, went out, turned and came back in. It was also around 10 feet vis and there was some light surge. Saw some big fish; a fatty cabezon and a ling hanging out next to one another.

Water according to my computer was 50°F :)

Time for some watermelon & grilled corn on the cob!

Sounds like a great day Mattaphore!

We had a fun day at Lobos. The vis was low in the cove, but opened up to about 20-25 ft by 60-80 ft.

There was some surge.

That's better than we saw in my class at BW on Saturday! We were a ways off the pipe, not far from Middle Reef, and viz was maybe three to ten feet at 25 feet. It was, however, fairly calm.

For our night dive, we went along the pipe toward the Metridium Fields (didn't make it, unfortunately). Worst viz I've seen yet -- maybe 2-3 feet and very murky! Oh well...

Happy 4th!

See any cool critters at Lobos, Kathy?

Hi Doug,

We saw a couple of adorable Harbor Seals topside at Lobos :)!

Last Wed at Butterfly House, we hovered in the Kelp forest joining a huge school of beautiful Blue Rock Fish :)!

Sorry BW vis wasn't great. Fingers crossed for next weekend!!

Vis cleared up considerably today. Metridiums had about 15+ vis and the wall was easily pushing 25ft as the sun broke through.

Water was very calm with effectively no surge at all, not to mention when we surfaced the weather had cleared up beautifully as well.

Dove Breakwater on the 27th... the sea was more like a lake and the weather was amazing...

Underwater was another story. Hazy, green, and super chunky especially around the kelp (you could feel the chunks hitting your face).

Once out below 40 fsw it opened up a little but the temp dropped a good 4-6 degrees depending on who's computer you were looking at. Hopefully it was better on the 4th. I didn't get to make my annual July 4th dive this year. :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom