Conditions are pretty bad right now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DustyC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
The water is 84, 5 degrees warmer than last year. The bleaching is fairly bad, and at Cliff, lots of stuff is still covered in sand.

Just got back from Vista Blue, the viz was about 40 feet. But things weren't covered in sand, but a fair amount of dead coral.

Don't know what you are talking about. I'm here right now. It's not different than 2011 or 2013/14. Vis dropped in the last two days with a ton of wind. Lots of spawn in the water as well causing lower vis. Coral looks the same as previous with no noticible bleaching north or south. Healthy populations of hard and soft coral, bryozoans, etc. Tons and tons of small and mature fish. What are your creds?

I was here last year this week, as were 2 of the people I'm here with right now. The staff at both DFB locations we've been to are apologizing to everyone (without need, it's not like it's their fault) for the crappy conditions.

Back
Top Bottom