Conditions are "off the charts" fantastic right now.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rub it in, ken, rub it in...

woo hoo diving this weekend with discovery... finally getting my aow cert.

Awesome! Bobby, your instructor, is an awesome dude. And I may be going out with yall sunday.

thanks..
glad to know he will be decent. Had a great instructor for my OW,so he has big fins to fill..lol

I dove at the cape last weekend on the jetty and it was cold, but really nice.

LOL. Did you get your OW at discovery?
Its a little warmer offshore.

got my open water at olympus. I wanted to try out discovery as i have heard a lot of great things about them. I also had a guy at olympus rub me the wrong way last year and really act like a scuba snob jerk....

After i had signed up for the aow, olympus wen above and beyond helping me convert a sdi nitrox to padi. So i felt pretty guilty.

they are both great operations.
we dove radio island today and had a great time.. we did knots, search and recovery, used a dpv, navigation, and lift bags.

see you tomorrow

I prefer to dive with Discovery over Aquatic Safaris if I can help it, I just think they pay a lot more attention to their divers. AS guys just head up to hang out with the captain when the boat is underway, Discovery guys talk to you & hang out with you, they're better to dive with IMO if you're newer to diving offshore NC.

yardpro, why was it important to convert an SDI nitrox to PADI? You can get fills anywhere with either card, which one you hold is irrelevant (of course, I hold both...but just curious as to why it was important to go above & beyond to convert it).

got my open water at olympus. I wanted to try out discovery as i have heard a lot of great things about them. I also had a guy at olympus rub me the wrong way last year and really act like a scuba snob jerk....

After i had signed up for the aow, olympus wen above and beyond helping me convert a sdi nitrox to padi. So i felt pretty guilty.

they are both great operations.
we dove radio island today and had a great time.. we did knots, search and recovery, used a dpv, navigation, and lift bags.

see you tomorrow

Nice, I was out there today doing check out dives for an open water class. Awesome vis at radio, one of the best days for vis I've seen in a while.

i did not need to convert from sdi to padi...

I did the online with sdi. The closest dive shop was raleigh. Olympus was listed on their website, but they are only TDI, not SDI....

I tried to get in touch with the instructor in raleigh for a week trying to set something up for tank analysis either here or via "referal from local instructer". We played phone tag quite a bit. Once we finally got in touch the local guy was out of town for a week....

I happened to be in olympus and talked to them about it and they let me " convert to padi". I sat in on some of the class then analyzed tanks. bingo..

Dives today were supposed to be papoose and indra, but due to navy activity we had to do the aeolus and the bedforshire...

seas were rough but conditions were phenominal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom