Condition at Minnie?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aaen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Curious to know if anyone has gone diving at Lake Minnewanka since the floods in Banff/Canmore. Presuming the bis is horrible, but I'm looking to get out and put some time in the water on the new rebreather and hoping there is at least 5 feet of vis.

Let me know!!

As of last week, there was no diving or watercraft permitted at Minne. The spillway is open for the first time in 15 years, and it's predicted to remain open for at least the next three weeks. Anything on or in the water within a 200M radius is at risk of getting sucked over. As for the vis, when we asked one of the rangers if the water was like chocolate milk, he laughed and told us it was mud. It doesn't look like Minne will be good for a long time to come.

Thanks for the info!!

Anyone been out in the lake yet? I've been busy with work and when i het a good break I take off for the island ti see the gf, so I haven't had a chance to make it up yet to Minnie to check out the old stomping grounds.

I was just wondering this as well, I don't have an answer but the bow is runnung very clear through Calgary today for what that is worth.

Ben

Yeah i've noticed that as well. Guess the inly way I will find out is to get off my butt and go up there myself.

Yeah i've noticed that as well. Guess the inly way I will find out is to get off my butt and go up there myself.
I talked to a guy on Monday who has been at Minny within the last couple of weeks. He said that it's ~5-10' above 20', ~ 4-5' above 40 and millimeters below that.

Not good.

We haven't even bothered trying to teach at Minnie this year. Spending a lot of time in Waterton on the weekends.

Hows it down at the anscomb lately?

Bad July 1st weekend. 2-3' max even at 110'. Good thing the lines were there from the power boat.

Haven't been on the wreck since then but I can tell that things have cleared up a lot. I'll be there Labour Day weekend if anyone wants to join up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom