Concrete beds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharky60

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just wanted to put a note out there, I keep seeing everyone talking about the beds at the hotels in Cozumel being hard as rocks.
I belive this is the norm, I've only stayed at 2 hotels there and both had very hard beds. I have talked to people who have stayed at just about every major hotel and resort on the island and they have all given me the same report so I think it's just the way it is.
Just wanted to prepare any newbies who are thinking of going that no matter what else the hotel is like, one star to five, good food, good service, good beach, strong drinks...HARD BED!
I just wanted to add, Im not complaining at all, I find the hard beds quite comfortable, but that's just me. I've just seen a lot of comments about them on the board and wanted to throw my 2 pesos in.

Your fin searching dive buddy,
sharky

Hi,

I'm used to sleeping on a water bed so I thought we'd have a horrible week in the sleep department when we went to Cozumel. NOT!!! We've stayed at the Fiesta Americana twice and both times our beds were not that hard. Soft enough to flop down on when we entered the room. We have booked our 3rd trip to Fiesta Americana for this December!!! 18 weeks and counting! I don't know how beds are on the lower floors or on the non smoking side. We booked the room early and requested an upper floor. First time there we were on the 7th floor...corner room...had an extra sitting room (great for gear). Far as I know, the corner rooms are the only ones with this extra area. Second time we went we were on the 5th floor...same corner room. They were both great! King Size Bed and not hard!!! Hope this helps!

While the beds were hard, we didn't mind them at all. It was good for our backs. We minded the thin cardboard pillows much more than the hard bed! (We stayed at Iberostar.)

We went from Coz to Isla Mujeres, though, and were thrilled with the beds which were softer and very comfortable.

Caryn:
While the beds were hard, we didn't mind them at all. It was good for our backs. We minded the thin cardboard pillows much more than the hard bed! (We stayed at Iberostar.)

We went from Coz to Isla Mujeres, though, and were thrilled with the beds which were softer and very comfortable.

I don't have first hand experience, but they have all new beds...pilllow top mattresses and I've heard from customers that they are very comfortable!

Hard beds make my back feel good. I have 3/4 inch plywood between my mattress and box spring. I even considered putting my mattress directly on the floor but my wife vetoed that idea. So hard beds on Cozumel get a thumbs up from me.

The wife and I honeymooned at Costa Azul, about 60 miles from Puerto Vallarta. We were caught off guard by the beds. They were concrete foundations topped off by 3” foam rubber. The foam rubber was too soft, so you would sink down to the hard concrete. We had two beds, so put both foam mattresses on one bed, and sank into oblivion, but got some sleep.

Next trip we plan on taking an inflatable air mattress to use in place of the foam.

BTW Costa Azul isn't a great resort for diving, but an awsome resort away from the crowds. They offer a lot of 'adventures' and I understand some good surfing, too.

http://www.costaazul.com/

Thankx for the surfing update, I like to spend time on a board as well as under the water, so maybe we'll make a jaunt down that way sometime!

Actually, from the hotels I've stayed at, the beds at La Ceiba and Villablanca were very comfortable and I'm a bad sleeper! Of course, La Ceiba was a while back but VB was in Feb. I also sat on a bed at Caribe Blu and it seemed very cushy. So there are hotels with softer bed options out there for those who want to sleep on something other than a slab of concrete. :)

Back
Top Bottom