Conchs, beach roamers, and all the rest of ya'll - lend me your ears!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBulla

~..facebook conch..~
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I am posting this here because my wife and I have so many friends and aquaintences that we've met through ScubaBoard. As of Friday August 28, 2004 I am no longer married to the corporate world, the divorce from that terrible mental anguish being both swift and final with absolutely no regrets and I'll never look back on it and say "I wish I had stayed." One day I'll write the 101 things I learned about corporate, but can mostly say that it mimmics Office Space and Dilbert so closely its scarey. One thing I'll miss, though, is eating bean burritos for lunch so I had entertainment for my co-workers all afternoon. Anyway... on to better things!

For those who don’t know my wife, Kris, and I have been working on starting our own businesses. We’ve got the licensing, I’ve been working mine part time (Tropical PC Services) and we are in the infant stages of getting her business online and running (BarelyBrazilian.biz – lingerie and swimwear and hopefully live soon). I’m a little worried initially about the cash flow portion of life and bill paying, but in the long run, I’m looking forward to concentrating my efforts on these businesses and trying to make them into something great that I can be proud of!

Well, all that in addition to conchdivers.com, the soon to be mommy2mommy.com, straightfromny.com, fortmyersfitness.com, exclusivebeautyswfl.com and more to come!

That about sums it up - I can't wait to work in some of those "de-stress" dives that I didn't have the ability to before without someone elses permission. :D

Long live Dilbert!

I think that's who wrote our company oporations manual and strategic plan.

Congrats and a heartfelt good luck.

Congratulations and great times ahead with all your new adventures.

Keep us posted on how things move along.

Safe diving,
Maria

I became my own boss in 1981. It was scary at first (periodic months of negative cash flow) but it was one of the best decisions I have made. Only problem is I cant ***** about the boss when things dont go right. PM me if I can be of any help or just for moral support.

---Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom