Conchers get together 8/27/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eandiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Got to Blue Grotto at 7:30 and was first in at 8. Signed in, watched the movie (newbe) and went outside to find the SBers. Hooked up with Lil38 and we waited for the rest of the crew. Itote made it in with his dad (from Jessup Ga no less) and Bo and Kevin finally showed up after some really interesting nextel calls. SmokeAire also graced us with his presence but declined on doing any diving due to his big upcoming move.

The first dive was great. We checked out peace rock and then went down the line to the very bottom. I came up first to the ceiling to get some pictures of the others exiting the line but with out an external strobe the particles in the water wiped out about half of my shots. Next on my list of "need to get". The only exceptions being for the most part me. Too much weight, new to the site and camera/dive light issues.

I owe Itote big time! Using a Pelican Nemo light and a camera at the same time is difficult and when it came time to get out I thought I had clipped the camera off on my D ring. Nope, missed the ring and away it went only I didn't know it. Walking up to the picnic table I figured I would get a pic of everyone geared up so reached for it and it was gone. DAMN!!! Back into the water with Itote and while I searched the bottom he had the presence of mind to look at the other divers. A diver wearing a dry suit had a large bulge in a thigh pocket which turned out to be my camera. He had found it and was going to turn it in to the office. Whew!

Lunch was great with Deviled eggs, brownies and drinks from Lil38, slaw and potato salad from me and made on site BBQ sandwiches picked up by Itote. Good stuff!

I sat out the second dive to talk with SmokeAire while the others headed off for the water. Got a lot of good advice from him which I really appreciate. It's always a learning process.

Itote and his dad took off around 3 to go south to Polk City and then back to Jessup. Thats dedication!
Bo and Kevin departed leaving lil38, SmokeAire and myself to talk about things for a while longer.

An excellent day with some really great people and I hope to do it again!

and I promise not to post a thread on how I think the very bottom 100' mark at Blue Grotto should be considered a cave enviroment.

Thanks guys for a great day!

Heres some more pics:

Itote, Lil38, Eandiver at the Grotto gettin ready to dive

Heres Smokeaire:

Exceelent photos guys, thanks for sharing them with us... Looks like a bunch of us missed a fine and dandy good day of diving.. Looks like Itote in the photo all trimmed out, hard to believe he has under a hundred dive, good on ya Chris... We need a better pictuer of eandiver, can't see you well enough man :D your dive report makes up for the lack of a clear photo though..

So, why SHOULD Grotto be considered a cave dive at 100 feet? :laughing: I asked, you didn't post.. lol

you can't see in....you can't see out...no outside light source and the bottom is some really fine silt. If you want to dig that computer into the bottom to hit that magic number when you come up to look for the line........oooops!

and no you don't want a better pic of me. Trust me, thats as good as it gets.

eandiver:
you can't see in....you can't see out...no outside light source and the bottom is some really fine silt. If you want to dig that computer into the bottom to hit that magic number when you come up to look for the line........oooops!
yikes....

and yes I do

Vickie, really, he's tellin the truth :D
I'm with ya Mark, you cant see squat down there. If you wasn't paying attention and lost your light you could very well run into trouble. Oh and thanks for the compliment Vickie!

Couldn't leave well eneough alone, and tweaked the pic for ya'll

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom