conch divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ffestpirate

Reaction score
Hello. Being a Floridian, I was always under the impression that Conchs were found in the Keys, and more specifically Key West. Are all Florida divers included on this board, or have liberties been taken? I only ask as I do not want to offend my southern neighbors!

All Florida divers are welcome, but there is an initiation ritual (most have survived this, though).

Oh yeah, and you've got to bring the cocoanut rum for Jenny and Vickie at the next gathering.

I love rituals and my wife loves rum-this ought to go well! LOL
When and where is the next gathering?

ffestpirate:
Hello. Being a Floridian, I was always under the impression that Conchs were found in the Keys, and more specifically Key West. Are all Florida divers included on this board, or have liberties been taken? I only ask as I do not want to offend my southern neighbors!

Conchs are folks who live in the Keys, the rest of us are Crackers. On this board, however, we're all Conchs.

For the record. A saltwater conch (usually just called a conch) is someone who was born in the Keys. No one can "become" a saltwater conch. Either you were born there, or you weren't. However, a freshwater conch is someone who has lived (full time) in the Keys for a certain period of time. Depending upon who you talk to this period varies--7 and 10 years are most commonly heard.

ReefGuy:
Oh yeah, and you've got to bring the cocoanut rum for Jenny and Vickie at the next gathering.

No rum for me man....... that stuff does terrible things to ya! :crossbone

keyshunter:
For the record. A saltwater conch (usually just called a conch) is someone who was born in the Keys. No one can "become" a saltwater conch. Either you were born there, or you weren't. However, a freshwater conch is someone who has lived (full time) in the Keys for a certain period of time. Depending upon who you talk to this period varies--7 and 10 years are most commonly heard.

If a cat has kittens in an oven, do you call them biscuits?

Since when???

Remember there is only do and not do. There is no try. This philosophy can only come with lots of Rum.

baitedstorm:
No rum for me man....... that stuff does terrible things to ya! :crossbone

:laughing: hahahahahahaha........... No trying! However, that was not a rum birth of wisdom , but rather from scotch hidden in a flask. :D and some good ol' Kendall Jackson here and there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom