Concerning Assymetrical fills

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tassie Diver:
For the record - my money is on the bouncing round in the back of the truck and exposure to temperature fluctations making bugger all difference!
The temperature effect I'm expecting is because of differential heating with subsequent pressure changes across the manifold and therefore gas movement back and forth between tanks. As the sun moves across the sky it hits one tank before the other, and likewise leaves one before the other, so I'm expecting a little movement of gas from one tank to the other and back. But I'll find out in a few hours here when I do the "final analysis."
Rick :)

Tom Smedley:
Baked beans and fried cabbage. Am going to the Farmer's Market tomorrow to see if they have any Mississippi Reds.
Yummy!
Too bad about the grapes... I reckon we'll have to settle for that commercial vintage stuff again.
Pity.
Rick :D

After 116 hours with the isolator open, 3 days of which were riding in the back of the Suburban getting heated & cooled with the sun and the night...
Left tank: 23.1%
Right tank: 92.4%
I attribute that little bit of mixing to the temperature changes more than the ride, but the bottom line remains that if you get an assymetrical fill it's going to stay assymetrical, and it could be dangerous.
The isolator must remain open for all mixing ops.
Rick

Let me add my thanks, too, Rick, for the work and the reporting. Nothing trumps expectations like reality.

Bryan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom