Conception families suing the Coast Guard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Navy disagrees with you.

Gedunk.
Well, if someone does you a small favor and you don’t repay them with a geedunk, you will never be done a small favor ever again.

Well, if someone does you a small favor and you don’t repay them with a geedunk, you will never be done a small favor ever again.
Or face more severe consequences. :wink:

I’ll buy you a geedunk sundae.

I’ll buy you a geedunk sundae.
A geedunk is any sweet or ice cream from the ships store. My ship (anything smaller than a carrier) doesn’t have an ice cream machine.

In hindsight, the CG probably erred by issuing a ton of new inspection criteria for existing passenger vessels, which was basically an admission that the USCG inspections were not adequate.
Even if the Coast Guard conducted inadequate inspections, it is unlikely that they will be found liable.

Yup...

I have seen USCG inspectors who had NO CLUE about engineering or hull components but were spot on in catching the fact that the captain of the boat during the inspection had an expired radio operators' license.

I was told by one USCG inspector who was a BRILLIANT engineer that he saw a boat get a "NO SAIL" because the placard displayed for instructing passengers how to don a PFD was not displaying the exact PFD on the boat.

My point is ... well all USCG inspectors are not so good at seeing the things that matter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom