Computers with numeric ascent rates?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marcin2005

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
It's time to buy a new computer. I'm looking for a wrist unit that shows ascent rates in numeric form (m/min or ft/min) instead of percentages or bar graphs. Does anyone have any suggestions?

thnx
M

I've never seen one personally. I usually just look at my computer for a few seconds and see how fast i ascend(ie: 106, 2seconds, 105 etc.). Some computers will show you that data after the dive when you download your dive profile though.

The Liquivision Xen is a bottom timer that has the option of displaying numeric ascent/descent rates.
Liquivision offers the X1 and Xeo computers, too. The Xeo has a highly customizable interface. I'm fairly certain that you could choose to include numeric ascent/descent rates on your display. I'm not sure how customizable the X1's display is.

I believe that the Mares Icon HD also displays numeric ascent/descent rates.

Hope this helps...

Thnx, I was worried that X1 might be the only option :(

For those that know how do Oceanic computers display ascent rates? I can't find any info on their website.

The Liquivision Xen is a bottom timer that has the option of displaying numeric ascent/descent rates.
Liquivision offers the X1 and Xeo computers, too. The Xeo has a highly customizable interface. I'm fairly certain that you could choose to include numeric ascent/descent rates on your display. I'm not sure how customizable the X1's display is.

I believe that the Mares Icon HD also displays numeric ascent/descent rates.

Hope this helps...
Just confirming that the Mares Icon HD does along with the Mares Nemo Wide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom