Computer Upgrade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've used the HE for many dive environments from the 32% 3+ hour bottom time,to the 21/30 90 min bottom time,to the 12/60 300ft+ cave dive. I've been very satisfied with its performance and ease of operation. I've used it with buddies using the VR3 and we typically get out of the water in very similar times if not me getting out sooner.On one cave dive I do I hate diving with VR3 owners because the first part of the dive is a short deep stretch,then you go shallow quickly,I always have to spend 4-5minutes waiting for them to clear deco. One thing I like about Dive Rite as a company is their company service and response time to getting something back to you.

Andy, I have a Duo and love it. It's relatively cheap and will handle any cave dives up to Trimix. There was a recent thread on the CDF about buying a new computer, there were some good arguments made there, you should check it out.

I dive a VR3 now for any of my planned deco dives, falling back to my old Cochran CNX for the day to day stuff. I love the VR3 (I know it doesn't fall into the CHEAP though). For us older guys they could have made the font a little bigger and not have us pay to enlarge it. Anyway....I have seen the new Cochran He computors that use a larger tissue sample Alg. than the old nitrox ones and think they would probably be a great computor for someone looking for a quality somewhat cheaper computor.

everybody:

thank you so much for the execellent information. lots of good stuff here.

after thinking about the possible costs and cost/benefit kind of thing, i decided
to upgrade my regs to DIN rather than go with the computer.

thanks for helping with that decission

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom