Computer software; Aeris vs oceanic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lee_elston

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have a XR2 & T3 the wife has an Oceanic Atom2. The software download programs seem to be almost exactly the same with two important differences:
1/ The Oceanic version is newer with an update feature.
2/ The Aeris and Oceanic programs cannot co-exist on the same computer.

Is there a plan to update the Areis program and make it co-exist with the Oceanic counter part?

Thanks.

Dear Lee Elson,

Thanks for the post. The current Oceanic Oceanlog 2.x build is a higher build than the current AERIS ACI 2.X as Oceanic recent released the OC1, and the AERIS ACI 2.x software does not currently require support for a similar computer. The beta version of the ACI 2.2.2 can be found here on scubaboard and is the equivalent of Oceanic's Oceanlog 2.2.5. With any luck it should finish its beta testing, be approved, and posted on the AERIS website later this month.

As for having both (or multiple installs of) the Oceanlog and the ACI software on the same computer you shouldn’t run into any issues. I currently have 9 different installs of various Oceanlog, Oceanlog 2.x, AUD, and ACI programs installed on my system and they all run without difficulty. If you’re experiencing and issue remove the current install using add/remove programs, and allow the software to install in the default directory when reinstalling.

Thanks,
Ron Landess
Customer Service Manager
Oceanic / Aeris / Hollis

For what it is worth. I have an Atmos AI and my daughter has the Manta. Both work on the current version of the Aeris softwear. I don't know if the GEO would have worked or not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom