Computer manufacturers listen up !!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Basically agree with OP and with Excitron; there are all types of learners, I love tech manuals, and usually have little problem... there are all types of tech manuals too. The Uwatec manual is not real user freindly; Ive gotten to help a number of people who did not understand there computer and found that manual to be a tuff read. I just read it over and over and played with the computer till I got it (I think).

Video would be a nice addition to the manual. (and better and more universal data downloading while there at it! : )

Bob in CO

I think a video is a great idea, the more information I can take in the better. Perhaps some functions of the computer will be better comprehended visually than in text. Any ignorant fools who don’t think a video is needed don’t watch it.

Why not let the consumer have his/her choice,
Those who want a manual can have it,
Those who want a video can have that,
Personally I think it's a good idea.

Funny none of the manufacturers seem to feel this topic deems their time.
An on-line demo costs even less. They could make it interactive. Very easy to do.
They have no problems writing PHP script for a shopping cart! :lol:
But for now we'll have to settle for the opinions of the banter divers.

Ok, so you can read the manual and try the computer in your living room before you dive it, and that is just what I did .. but it still has a learning curve if you have never seen one before ... and as has been pointed out, some people learn best by visual means ... So why would anyone be against having a interactive demo?

Some manufacturers do have interactive demos. Cressi-sub, for example, has flash demos for the Edy and Archimedes 2. Oceanic used to have a demo for their Veo series computers, before the redesign.

I do have to agree that a DVD would be nice. I consider myself computer savy and have read my Suunto manual multiple times and still find it somewhat confusing. The more I dive my Cobra the more I like and learn it but it would have been nice to have had a DVD to show me hands on step by step to compliment the manual.

Back
Top Bottom