computer generated logs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

love2fishfork

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know this has been discussed before and several of you have created computer based log books. What I'm looking for is something to enter the information that is found on the typical log pages and then be able to print out a page that resembles either the PADI or SSI log pages and stick them in my log book.

Question: Would these pages be acceptable if someone wanted to examine your log book?

My hand writing is pretty bad so computer generated forms would be great!

I just uploaded an Excel dive log that I made.... you could just type in your information or put 'x' s on the checkboxes.... just an idea.

I plan on printing out my dive profiles that I download from my divecomputer too...
Download it here...

Let me know what you think?

One of the other advantages of making your own log pages is that you can put the info you want on them. If you're going to make your own log pages I wouldn't worry about duplicating any particular agencies log page, there's nothing magic about them. I started to make my own because I found most purchased logs have spaces for all sorts of stuff I don't care about and none for many things I do. It evolved over time as the things I want to record have changed.

Your log is really for you. By all accounts it's very rare for anyplace to ask to see it - I haven't been asked in 17 years. If someone didn't like your computer printed log pages then you might want to find another place to dive with.

When I was in Jamaica last month, I was asked (for the first time) to see my dive log. They wanted some sort of confirmation of the date of my last dive... They didn't care about anything else.... just the date. They looked at it and put it on my info sheet/waiver.....

DaytonaDave:
When I was in Jamaica last month, I was asked (for the first time) to see my dive log. They wanted some sort of confirmation of the date of my last dive... They didn't care about anything else.... just the date. They looked at it and put it on my info sheet/waiver.....
They could get that from most dive computers - if you are using one.

I've heard of some diveops refusing to accept digital logs (reason given: too easy to fake). I've never encountered it personally.

Blackwood:
I've heard of some diveops refusing to accept digital logs (reason given: too easy to fake). I've never encountered it personally.

True but isn't it just as easy to fake them if you write them? You fill out all of your own info and all someone has to do is scribble a signature down IF you have your buddy/divemaster sign them. I don't see any difference myself...

GatorKev:
True but isn't it just as easy to fake them if you write them? You fill out all of your own info and all someone has to do is scribble a signature down IF you have your buddy/divemaster sign them. I don't see any difference myself...

Copy Paste is easier than writing.

But yes, it's a stupid reason.

I use SharkPoint 2.1 in combination with Oceanlog. I use a Oceanic Veo180Nx computer, so I have to upload my dive through oceanlog, then import it from there into SharkPoint...takes like 2 minutes. Once it is in SharkPoint you can add as much or as little Info as you like. I really like it, it saves all the info from your dive profile, personally I think that is better than handwritten. Info from your dive updated every 30 seconds in your log?! Who would go to the trouble to fake that?

^ Why the hell did I go back to 1 Post?! ^

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom