Computer for new diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

+1 for the deep6 excursion.

For 350$ there is no other computer that does the same. It would also be perfect with your Teric since it uses the same algorithm.
Picked up one of these for my wife who wanted a simple, not too large, wrist mounted unit and she loves it. Agrees with my Descent Mk2. Uncle Seiko make classic, quality rubber dive straps in several colors that fit the Excursion. Goodness all round.

Picked up one of these for my wife who wanted a simple, not too large, wrist mounted unit and she loves it. Agrees with my Descent Mk2. Uncle Seiko make classic, quality rubber dive straps in several colors that fit the Excursion. Goodness all round.
Yeah i love mine aswell! Running the new OC tec lite firmware on it has been a game changer for me. Cannot wait for the full Tec update :p

Hello,
Looking for some advice. Looking to purchase my fiancee who is a new dive (45 dives) her first computer (she has been renting up to now). My criteria are:
  1. Wrist computer. She wants something that is in a watch form factor and not something like the SW Peregrine
  2. Rechargeable battery. I don't want to deal with changing batteries.
  3. Cost under $600
  4. As a point of reference I dive the SW Teric and wouldn't mind if we used the same algorithm but it's not a must, just preferable.
Thanks
G

Why not just wait for a used Teric to pop on in Classifieds section.

I think they are going for around $750.

$150 over the budget is not that bad when you consider the computer your getting over something that your willing to spend $600 on.

If you can find a used Garmin Descent MKI I've been very happy with mine. Mine matches my Perdix foot by foot, minute by minute. There's also the Garmin G1.

I am unhappy with my MKI, but primarily for reasons associated with tech diving.

A limiting factor of MKI and G1 is they don't have AI. But they are sport-watches, which is a plus for people doing sport (the MKI is really great for sport-addicted people, I assume the G1 too)

Back
Top Bottom